Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


My Top 10 of EVERYTHING for 2007 (part 2)
Saturday, December 8, 2007

This post will count down the most OMG/WTH incidents of 2007. Sounds fun isn't it? Well, the list in my opinion is rather limited, so please don't blame my ignorance for events.

Number 10: Maki Goto's brother's arrest

Many H!P fans would know about this incident, which is supposedly one of the main factors as to why she is graduating from Hello! Project.

Firstly, Maki Goto is just plain unlucky. The timing could not have been worse and to have your career affected due to your brother? That has got to suck big time.

And to the brother: if you wanna steal something? Steal something MORE EXPENSIVE. Electric cabling makes you sound silly on the news.






Number 9: Hey! Say! JUMP

Hey! Say! 7 was in my opinion, rather silly, one of the reasons being them not having 7 people yet having a 7 in their name (yes, I know why the 7 is there).

No one expected them to sell so well, and resulting in the permanent group called Hey! Say! JUMP. Another silly name, but oh wells, Johnny Kitagawa is getting old. Can't blame him for that can we.

Add to that the fact that all of them are not even 18 yet, this makes for one very pedophiles-servicing group.





Number 8: Poor sales of fake star and Mikan



These two singles both made it to my top 10 singles of this year, yet both of them had pretty horrible sales. In fact, both of them sold the least as compared to their releases for these few years. Makes you wonder what's happening to the Jpop industry doesn't it.

Number 7: Sen no Kaze Ni Natte



How is it that this single is STILL CHARTING? This single sold amazingly well after Akikawa Masafumi's performance at Kouhaku last year. Throughout this year, we would see it appear every now and then on the Oricon charts, which puzzled me to no end. Are the really that many classical fans in Japan?

Or perhaps it is because the older people in Japan don't know how to download, and the only way they can get his song is by buying his single. That must be it. *consoles self*

Number 6: Sakai Izumi's death




Lead vocalist of ZARD died this year, causing many fans to pop out of nowhere to proclaim themselves as her biggest fan. Her album sales shot up exponentially and her record company took the "opportunity" to release a Best Hits Collection. WTH is wrong with these people?

Why do you buy a singer's work only after she dies? Why do you take someone's plight and make it into a money-making situation? Isn't that just plain morbid? Sickening.

Number 5: AAA's rock incident (aka the High rock incident)



AAA headed to Baltimore USA and decided to leave behind a "lovely" momento - by spray-painting their name and where they came from on a rock.Which of course, caused much controversy. "Fans" were flaming AAA, loads of shows cut AAA from their guest list and their official blog has since stopped updating.

Who can we blame? I say we blame AAA. It was pure stupidity on their part. I'm a fan, anyone should know, but I can't side them on this matter either. I still support them, just not on their decision to spray the rock and show it off.

Those fans that claim to be fans yet flame them like no one's business? Go eat some graffitied rock. Don't be stupid, a silly act doesn't warrant your vendetta against them.

It has since blown over, which is good, so let's hope none of these "gestures" happen again.

Number 4: Fujimoto Miki's leave from Morning Musume



This piece of news left me in shock for quite a while. Granted, at the time I only knew Mikitty from Momusu, but still it is a pretty big shocker. Worst still? She had only begun her leadership run for Momusu. 26 days. Not even a month. Not even a February.

While I'm not sure whether this is a stupid act on her part or not (what with it being about love and all), I sure as hell would kick myself to death if I let my successful career be put on hold just because I got photographed going into someone's house for a loooong while.

Well, her choice. I'm sincerely hoping she returns to H!P soon though.

Number 3: Goto Yukari's leave from AAA



While this caused much sadness in many fans, I for one have been expecting this since the start of my AAA fandom. She's is pretty obviously not well-liked by the other members of AAA and her scandalous past never seems to leave her.

Not forgetting of course the weird health problem she's had since God-knows-when. Yes, she has health problems, and yet can dance like mad for 2 straight hours, for 2 straight weeks during their concert. Yeah, I totally understand avex.

And uterine bleeding? Doesn't it make you wonder what she has been doing that caused this mysterious uterine bleeding in the first place?

They should come up with a better excuse next time, not that there is any excuse for scandal x unpopularity.

Am I sad about her leave? No. Not at all. I didn't like her much to begin with.

Number 2: Junjun and Linlin



When news broke that Morning Musume was going to have two new members from CHINA, almost everyone went WTF. Most people I knew were none too excited about this piece of news and neither was I. How will they communicate? Won't they look weird?

Thankfully, by some stroke of luck, they turned out pretty well.

Number 1: Urata Naoya going BALD



This was THE news that affected me the most this year. WHAT WAS HE THINKING? Everyone was shocked. Most giggled. I stared blankly for a few days.

Worse still, HE STILL HASN'T GROWN IT OUT. I WANT TO SEE HAIR DAMMIT! (How dirty sounding.)

And that concludes my little list. I need sleep.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?