Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Q4R #001
Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yay! First ever Q4R segment!

There has been way too many questions streaming in, I really didn't expect that many. xD (It's currently 50ish and counting.) So I'm going to have split them up somehow.

And I have decided to answer 5 (or a few more) questions per week, unless there's like a serious buildup of questions to answer.

This week's questions! :D
  • [What do you ACTUALLY think of Nissy?]


I know the impression I give on this blog is that I hate Nissy's guts to bits and pieces.

Well, that's basically the whole truth.

I think he's an attention-seeking manwhore who is a total bisexual, but only because he wants to glomp more people and gain more attention.
  • [If I asked you to have sex with me, would your answer be the same as your answer to this question?]
No. Yes. Bah shuddap. You confuse me. D:
  • [I would be glad if you wrote your impressions on the new AAA album! ^^ and also on the Jamboree!! PV ^^ thanks!! love your blog!]
Aww thanks for loving my blog. xD

Let me talk about the Jamboree!! PV first then. I think it is cheap, and the dance could have been way more complex and neat for a group such as AAA. I don't particularly like it. A brighter and cheerier set should have been used. And that's all I think about it. It's disappointing really.



The AAA album. Hmm. Well I think the fact that I've not received the album yet (it's been released for more than a week already! I'm only getting it end of March along with some other Yesasia stuff) shows how much I care for this album.

I'll just briefly review the 6 new songs in the album then.

SAVE YOUR SOUL: Ah yes. This is the song that is targeted at H!P lovers. It sounds like something Morning Musume would sing. It is nothing too amazing, and it sound a bit bare for my liking. I don't like how Misako and Chiaki is the main for this song while the others just act as backup vocals. It's just not a strong setup. The song is relatively catchy, but very very forgettable. I like Hidaka's rap though. I guess it shows a lot when my fave part is the freaking RAP.

Jamboree!!: I'm glad they chose a lower range this time for their upbeat song. This way, their lives won't be overflowing with SCREEEECHING (like Music!!!). I like this song, but I got tired of it pretty quickly. It's pretty generic stuff that you would probably not hate, but won't classify as an "AWESOME SONG ZOMGAH" either. Maybe it's because the song is set in a lower range, but it sounds a bit draggy. It could have been more upbeat and chirpy, more fast-paced. But yeah, this is probably one of the better songs in this album.

Wonderful Girls: This happens to be my favorite song on the album. And it's just a coincidence that it is the all-boys song. D: One of the first impressions I got from this song is that it is very SMAP-esque. SMAP could have been singing this 5 or 6 years ago when they were younger. Relatively safe pop stuff. The kind that the audience claps along to somewhere in the middle of the concert.

I like the Shuta/Shin parts in the song, partly because I'm quite sick of Urata/Nissy's voice already. Maybe that's why I like this song better than the rest. I don't see how a decent dance can come from a song like this, but we shall just wait and see.

Deai no Chikara III: Another one? Seriously? If DNC1 was the part where they begin fall in love, and DNC2 was the part where they are deeply in love then DNC3 is where they begin to break up. It's beautiful and sad yes, but Misako's singing is just off in parts. She sounds like she has a stuffed nose.

The buildup of music over the song was pretty well done to me, but the song is once again pretty forgettable after a while. I also don't like the lack or harmonization in this song. The you sing one verse I sing one verse format makes this rather boring to listen to. Even when they sing together, they sing in the same pitch, which is just blah.

Let's hope this is the last one. I don't like DNCs to begin with.

HORIZON: This is the song on the album that I found most memorable. It's not the catchiest of songs, but there's this strange quality to it that makes it really fun to listen to. The part before the chorus is my favorite part and it is exceptionally bouncy. It sound really odd on the first few listens, but it grows on you. The overall feel of the song is light and bright, and if given a choice, I would choose this song to have a PV.

Hidaka's rap at the end sounds a bit like Soulja - airy, husky and relaxed - which is also a refreshing change from the usual act-macho stuff he's been doing.

Hajimari no Kiseki: Oh god. Another JE inspired song. This is the kind of song a JE group would have to "fill up space" in an album. The overly happy, "everyone sing together and yay we are good friends!" kind of song. Very very generic and very very boring, even on first listen.
  • [Who is the person in the banner for it?]


Murakami Shingo and Maruyama Ryuhei of Kanjani 8. I just thought the pencils and glasses fit the whole questions thing.
  • [are you really going to switch from Jpop to Kpop D':]


I don't think so, no. It's not so much a switch as it is a... new interest? I don't know. I don't think I can ever truly give up Jpop, it is after all my first love and all. *mushy*

But Jpop has been infuriating recently, with almost everything that's coming out being so generic and same-ish. Kpop has more varied styles and the videos are more often than not, pretty damn amazing.

But I'll admit, Kpop has distracted me plenty from Jpop recently. *shrugs*

More questions to be answered next week! :D

If you have a question, ANY question at all, do not hesitate to ask! I'm always looking forward to new strange questions! :D

Just click on this nifty button below and ask away!


Labels: , ,

3 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?