Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Q4R #003: The Jrock/J-Alternative/J-not-so-popular post
Wednesday, March 11, 2009

(APOLOGIES FOR BEING LATE! D: Stupid blogger drafted instead of published this post and I was too busy with other stuff to notice. D: Anyways, here it is and SORRY SORRY ONCE AGAIN.)

Possibly the post with the HARDEST questions to answer. Since I'm so ill-informed on the subject matters. D:
  • [Hi Raid! I'm rather new to your blog (my friend introduced me to it) and I've been having a lot of fun reading your posts. :D I was just wondering whether you listen to J-rock and if you have, your opinions about it!]
  • [do you like jrock?]
I don't really know what one classifies as Jrock. Does L'Arc~en~ciel and GLAY count? How about T.M. Revolution? I think the most extreme I've heard in terms of Jrock would probably be Pierrot, and that was a reeeally long time ago (back in 2005).

If Jpop sounds same-ish to me, then Jrock is just worse. I can't tell one song from the next (unless it's a GLAY song, but then they're not VERY rock either). I like a bit of Jrock from time to time but I don't think I can ever say that I LOVE it.
  • [I was also wondering if you've listened to Wakeshima Kanon's music before?]
I think I've heard ONE song from Blackmager's blog Stereo Love, but I don't really remember it well. Oh wait, I think I've downloaded Suno no Oshiro's PV. Hmm.

Maybe it's just this one song, but she sounds hecka creepy in it. And she reminds me of ALI PROJECT for some reason. Not a fan, sorry.
  • [What are your feelings on DAIGO STARDUST?]
He's just a prettier T.M. Revolution. And he's too skinny. Wasn't he in some group and isn't his blog like really popular? That's all I know (and care to know) about him. His songs are OKAY I suppose, even if it does sound awfully boring to me. The song I heard was Maria (and I was too lazy to go find another song), and it reminds me of GLAY a wee bit too. I don't even know. Is Jrock supposed to be THIS generic?

Ok I lied, I went to listen to another song. He sounds like a JE boy trying to sing Jrock now. He sounds like Nishikido Ryo actually. Which is disturbing.

And why is he constantly shirtless? Is this some Jrock thing? Have I been missing out on all these shirtless Jrock fun? :O

I think I'm just too poppy to listen to Jrock, pretty or otherwise.
  • Goto Maki -- next Avex Diva or not?
My personal opinion could very well be wrong, but I'm guessing not. Not in 2009 at least. 2009 is a bad year for singers to be "debuting", what with the bad economy and all. I think even those who DO buy CDs will tend to stick to their old favorites and buy only those for the time being.

Besides, her music is dance-electronica, which means most of her potential fanbase has already been conquered by Amuro Namie. Unless she's intending to be really controversial and do something really out of this world, she'll end up being another Leah Dizon. Like "Oh yeah I know who she is and yeah she's pretty but so what?"

And her H!P fanbase... well let's just say they're unreliable. If the recent H!P singles sales are any indication that is. 40ish thousand copies per single is just not gonna cut it for Avex.
  • are you rich?!!
  • Are you rich? You have a massive JPop collection, and you seem rich. o.o maybe you just get a big allowance
Every night I put on my fishnet stockings and I... *blushes*
  • can you answer all fifty questions next time?
No.
  • Did you ever believe in Santa Clause? O_o
My mom went to extreme lengths during my childhood to make sure I sort of believed in Santa Claus. My dad was never really around during the length of my childhood so it was always my mom and I, and I guess that's just her way of trying to make my childhood a little better.

So until I was about 7, I believed in Santa Claus. Then someday, I got bored and dumped him for television instead.

More questions to come next week! Remember, if you have any questions to ask me, don't hesitate to do so! I love reading some of your questions, especially those that make no sense. ROFL.

Just click on this nifty button below and ask away! :D


Labels:

3 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?