Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Movie Reviews!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Well it's finally here!



Raid on Screen! A movie review blog by me! :D
Click here!

[The following can also be found on the "About" page in Raid on Screen.]

I'll mostly be reviewing English language movies, with the occasional Chinese/Korean/Japanese movie. So no, it's not another Japanese-media blog, it's a whole new thing.

The format of ROS will be kept as neat and minimal as possible, not too gimmicky. The synopses will be brief so as not to spoil the movie for readers yet give you a good enough idea on what the movie is about.

Basically what I set out to do with this blog is just give frank reviews from a very layman perspective. Many times, I read movie reviews only to not understand a single shit the entire thing was trying to say and I don't understand what warranted a good or bad review for the movie. With this blog, I'll try to make it feel like asking a friend about the movie. Although maybe that friend is a little bitchy at times.

"How was the movie?"
"Oh it kinda sucked but you know, the effects were cool and all and the lead actress was hot even though her boobs looked really fake in that one scene."

I've always believed that simpler terms get more meaning across.

There will be two regular sections in every review, which is the Verdict and the Worth Watching For. Verdict is my overall, one-line take on the movie. Worth Watching For are the parts or elements in the movie that I think makes the movie worth watching. It could be a huge reason, such as the best effects ever, or it could be something really small, like a tune which a character sings in a part of the movie.

Either way, I hope I can review movies such that it isn't daunting for my readers. I'm going to do reviews the right way.

(Leave me comments on that blog! Don't you want the honor of having the first ever comment? :D)

(And comments are disabled on this post, so you'll have no choice but to head on over. :D)

(And Paranormal Activity's review is also up!)

Labels:

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?