Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


EXILE - Pure/You're my Sunshine
Thursday, January 31, 2008



EXILE should start growing some udders so that Avex can milk them more easily. Then again....

*Dirty thoughts* *Shakes head furiously to rid them*

EXILE's 27th single, Pure/You're my Sunshine is set to be released on the 27th of February, and yet the song has ALREADY been leaked. The efficiency of these illegal activities astound me sometimes.

So here I am reviewing the single, which only has two new songs. The 3rd song on the single is Kawaranai Mono, which was released on EXILE LOVE. I'll just quote myself later I suppose.

In any case, reviewing a single is a thousand times easier than reviewing albums, snarking about PVs, and blogging about general nonsense. (Read: I'm lazy.)

Since there are so little songs, there's really no need to group them into good and bad, so here we go.

[Track 1: Pure]

The song starts with a light piano tune which will slowly gain volume as the song progresses. The verse sounds like a typical ballad (very 90s I might add) but the shocker for this song is the chorus.

The first two phrases (or the first verse) sounds EXACTLY LIKE Kimi no Suki na Toko (sung by the ever charming Hirai Ken *swoons*). Ok, so it's only 3 seconds, but I still found it mightily amusing.

Listen to the 8-second clip below, and you will instantly realize how right I am, and also how bored and pathetic I can be. xD (If you're wondering, the first part is EXILE, the second part is Hirai Ken).



Back on topic. The track in general is consistent and as usual, EXILE's vocals shines through. The only gripe I have with this is probably the fact that I have heard something similar far too many times. *shrugs*

[Track 2: You're my Sunshine]


Boyband dance-pop! Strong beats and happy rhythms resonate through this song. Still very typically EXILE, and doesn't sound far too different from any of their other stuff. Even the rap bridge was too EXILE-ish, with Atsushi going "WOAH WOAH WOAH YEAHHHH" which he seems to do so often. An enjoyable listen yes, a new experience? Definitely not.

[Track 3: Kawaranai Mono]

According to my previous review, this song is "following the style of the 90s ballads that Avex seems to be prone to releasing lately. Strings and piano makes up the bulk of the music in this one, which contributes to the 90s-ness of this song." While this may not sound like a good comment, but just because it is placed in this single, it really is not all that bad. It may be very 90s-ish, but at least it is vastly different and "new-sounding" as compared to the other two tracks.

This single may be typical and may sound a bit overused, but it is definitely worth a listen if you're a new fan. If you're already an EXILE fan, this won't stray too far away from what you've been liking from them.

And there we have it! One of my shortest reviews ever! Did you have fun? xD

Labels:

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?