Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Athena & Whoevertheyare - A lethal force to be reckoned with
Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I've always been a casual Hello! Project fan, and was only crazy over Mikan due to the shiny cards they were giving out (and the good song of course). And from there I fell in love with Aika, that little bouncy.... thing. And from there I fell in love with this group with a name I cannot remember for my life (the Katakana name, at least).

To be honest, Shouri no BIG WAVE!!! wasn't that amazing a song, but I bought it anyways because I have a bad addiction for buying random CDs and the photobooklet was cute. I'm quite sure I've not listened the second song fully yet. That didn't impress me much either.



But their latest release, Seishun Love Lunch? Oh my. Cute would be an understatement. I didn't know what the hype over this song was all about until I've watched the PV and heard the full thing. Be careful - if you've not heard it yet, take all your belongings and your family and run as far as you can. Once you get in, you can NEVER come out. It is that cute and bubbly.



The PV is simple and storyline-less like many other PVs I've snarked about in my previous entry, but at least Seishun Love Lunch more than makes up for it by smothering you in overwhelming cuteness and pretty colors. The girls basically make lunch (ah duh, the title) with Robby (and Kerobby, or Kerobby, or Robby and Kerobby? I'm confused again) and present it to the camera, and dance along to the song with adorable childish dance moves.



The song is infinitely catchy and easy to sing along to, much because this is the theme song for a children's show. Nonetheless, if you get past your "I'm all adult and can't listen to kiddy songs" mentality, this would prove much too endearing to miss. Soon you'll find yourself shouting "HAI HAI HAI HAI!" along with the girls, complete with hand actions. Be warned.



The only part that was kinda weird in the PV was when this girl (whatever her name is, bless her soul) (Post-post edit: Oh, so she is Nakajima Saki) took out a tempura and an octopus (from her groin ala Doraemon, no less) and decided to stick them together. It's probably just me and my dirty mind, but DING DONG DING DONG! SEXUAL INNUENDO ANYONE?! A tempura looks like, well YOU KNOW, and an Octopus...?

Too coincidental. But that's just me.



Otherwise, this PV proves to be fun in the kiddy show kind of way, which will definitely make you want to do the hand actions along with the girls and smile when they open their lunchboxes (heehee, dirty) for you. Unless you're an anal-retentive adult, then too bad for you.

Labels:

1 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?