Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


KIRA☆KIRA KEN PAPER Vol. 1
Friday, January 25, 2008

No other English blog (I think) covers Hirai Ken news on a regular basis, so I think I should start posting up stuff on him.

The cover for Hirai Ken's latest single Canvas / Kimi wa Su.Te.Ki is already out, along with a promotional picture.



(Cover on the left, promo picture on the right)

It looks absolutely revolting. Can't he even give us a decent cover? I've already said this on JPM's forums, but it looks like some fan saw Hirai Ken, whipped out her phone, snapped a picture and threatened death upon the producers to use it as a cover.

Let's hope my information is wrong and he comes up with a better cover.

Other basic information about this single:

NEW SINGLE
キャンバス(Canvas)/君はス・テ・キ (Kimi wa su.te.ki)
DFCL-1400 (CD)
2008/2/20
1,223 Yen (tax in)

1. キャンバス (Canvas)
2. 君はス・テ・キ (Kimi wa su-te-ki)
3. Cry&Smile!!
4. キャンバス (Piano version)
5. キャンバス (Instrumental)
6. 君はス・テ・キ (Instrumental)

This single hasn't been very well-received by the fans so far, much due to these songs being very ordinary sounding. Add on to that the cover that has been released, I'm not seeing very good odds for Hirai Ken here. The only selling factor is probably it being the theme song for Honey & Clover (Hachimitsu to Clover). You can take a listen to the song [HERE].



Still on Hirai Ken, he has been chosen to sing the theme song for the movie
"Ano Sora wo Oboeteru", which stars Yutaka Takenouchi and Miki Mizuno as a couple that faces a tragic accident (ANOTHER accident? The Japanese are sadistic). The song is titled "Itsuka Hanareru Hi ga Kite mo" and you can hear a bit of it [HERE]. No release date has been confirmed yet.

This song is much better than Canvas and all those other songs, so that's a start at least.

So yes, this is the start of me covering Hirai Ken news on a regular basis, until I get sick of him, which I doubt I will anytime soon.

Also, I saw this item on ebay and just snatched it up so quickly.



I'm a happy fan. xD

Labels: ,

3 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?