Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


BEST (and worst) of 2008, FIRST HALF! (Part 2: General)
Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ok to be completely honest, this post is like 1-2 months late. I fully expected to finish this by the end of June but unfortunately I couldn't decide on my favorite PV amongst some other stuff. I also could not decide on worst singers/groups because unlike JE or H!P, I can avoid them if I want to. JE and H!P is so INYOURFACE that I just.... have nowhere to hide. D:

That said, this is not really considered a full post. It might be fun to see if you're similar to me in terms of music taste, but other than that.... I'd say this post is pretty boring. xD

But no worries! I have a sort-of-funny post coming in two days. I'm still collecting data (you'll understand soon enough) so watch out for that!

Also, I'm still kind of busy with exams and all the end-of-semester crap, so I'm trying to space out my posts such that I don't disappear for too long. The last time that happened.... well it just didn't end well. xD

This is one long ramble. On to the post!

[Best Release Month]

Without a doubt - JUNE, which had these releases:




Starting from top row, left to right:

Shota Shimizu - Aishiteru

Although not as powerful and earth-shattering as his debut, this was still a decent second single for such a young and new singer.

YUI - Summer Song

YUI finally got out of her sad and depressing songs (if you don't count that horrible Laugh Away mess) rut and gave us a decent happy song for the summer! I'm actually addicted! Which has not happened for me with YUI since.... CHE.R.RY? And she smiles in the PV. Miracle of miracles!

Tackey & Tsubasa - Koiuta

The total opposite from YUI, Tackey & Tsubasa has finally stopped their never ending silly upbeat songs (not that I don't love them, but 2 years?!) and switched to a slow ballad. Surprisingly, they do it well too! Of course they do not forget to please their high-on-crack fans and gave them a B-side worth hopping around for - GLORY DAYS. What more could a fan ask for? The outfits were nice too, so I suppose that's a plus too.

Tegomasu - Ai Ai Gasa

Currently on repeat on my music player, Ai Ai Gasa sticks to what Tegomasu does best - harmonius ballads. Light, refreshing with two upbeat and happy B-sides, this will be a chart-topper for sure.

Arashi - One Love

A song with a catchy as hell chorus, it's kind of a pity that the PV is so horrible. At least the cover looks great.

AAA - CHOICE IS YOURS

I know my opinion is different from the majority of AAA fans, but I LOVE THE PV for Crash! The dance is great fun to watch, and Urata and Shuta both look great in it. The cover for the PV version looks great as well, so that's good enough for me. But recycled songs...? That's a bit of a downer.

Koda Kumi - Moon

Koda Kumi's comeback single! Very cleverly, she chose a song which she can cry and cry and cry a lot. She also did a collaboration with a big-time singer Fergie, although in my personal opinion that song was stupid as hell. Worth buying since the DVD comes with SO MUCH.

GLAY - VERB

GLAY keeps their high standards with their latest rock tune. Powerful vocals and music with a strangely addictive tune makes for a good listen and good buy. They are GLAY after all.

[Favorite group (non-JE/H!P)]



AAA

What can I say, I'll just blindly support them no matter what.

No honorable mentions.


[Favorite Female Singer]



Koda Kumi

Her lives are still the best, she's still bubbly as hell on TV, and she looks great as ever. You can't beat the slutty queen of Jpop after all.

Honorable mentions: YUI



Summer Song is way too cheerful for me not to like her.


[Favorite Male Singer]

Any frequent reader of my blog who doesn't know needs a brain check.



Hirai Ken

With a decent album out and still having the awesomest voice ever, it's hard for him to lose his top spot in my heart.

Honorable mentions: Shimizu Shota, Urata Naoya (AAA), Sueyoshi Shuta (AAA)



(Ignore Kato Miliyah.)

(Edit on 080808: I honestly don't like Shimizu Shota all that much now. Much can happen in a few months it seems.)


[Favorite Single]



Namie Amuro - 60s70s80s

3 hot tracks (oh ok, 2 for me, I hated ROCK STEADY) and the creepiest (in the good way) pv makes this single a must listen and must watch for EVERYONE.

So do you agree or disagree with any of my choices? A few of them are really biased, but I'd like to think I'm sort of objective when it comes to these things. So don't burst my bubble please? xD

Also, HAPPY 43RD BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?