Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


I R COOLER NOWZ
Friday, August 22, 2008

This probably has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jpop but...

I have finally after MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MONTHS gotten myself a new phone!



THE SONY ERICSSON W980

The only reason I bought the phone was because it resembled a Japanese mobile phone. And it was probably the closest I'd ever be to getting a Japanese mobile phone. Here's a comparison with other Japanese mobile phones:



By some freakish coincidence, I have managed to find two gold phones. Fear not, Japan has more colors than just gold! I'm just too lazy to hunt them down.



Close-up of the phone and all its reflective glory

Truth be told, I really didn't give half a damn about ANY of the functions whatsoever and just got it based on looks. And after a few hours with the thing, all I've figured out is it can't support Japanese tags for songs (bah) and it has a lousy as hell "3.2 megapixel" camera.



3.2 MP my butt


(Psst, Osamu Mukai love anyone?)

There's some weird shake control function that somehow refuses to cooperate with me. If you shake the phone from side to side, it'll skip songs and stuff. And if you swing it up and down, the volume will supposedly increase or decrease.

I swung it up and down and all it did was remain persistently loud. Like JANGJANGJANGJAAAAAAANNGRAWRGOBBLECHOMPCHOMP. I had to scramble for the mute button (nowhere to be found!) and the actual volume controls (miniscule as hell!) before it agreed to shut up. The other thing this swing-volume thing did was make me look reeeeally stupid. Not to mention the shaking from side to side - not only did it not change songs, it simply repeats the song I'm listening. I must be doing something wrong.

The music player is pretty decent though, if you ignore the tags. The bass is awesome and the music is crisp if you don't turn it on too loud (in which case it turns a bit tinny). It worked better with poppy songs (AAA, Morning Musume, EXILE) as compared to heavier songs (B'z, GLAY, ONE OK ROCK). And it has 8 GB of space for me to infest with all my Jpop lovin. Ah.

The phone is overall quite difficult to customize and my fingerprints are like ALL OVER the place right now. Other than looking good and sounding good, it's pretty much a lousy thing.

But all for the sake of having a Japanese looking phone! WHO CARES IF IT'S EXPENSIVE! WHO CARES IF THERE ARE NO FUNCTIONS! I WILL RULEZ THE WORLD.

(This post may sound quite contrary, but I am in love with my phone right now. :D)


queenayumi I think I look really pretty in my new album! No one has bigger eyes than I do! I bet everyone is jealous of my huge eyes. 8D

Labels:

7 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?