Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Why I think AAA is breaking up (part 1): Cheap PVs
Friday, April 3, 2009

I received a few questions regarding this in my Q4R box, and this post is specifically answering just one:
  • with your feeling you're feeling that AAA was going to break up, were you relieved when they released JAMBOREE!!?
Trust me, I have a reeeeeally long list of reasons why I think AAA is breaking up. This post just illustrates one of them. It took me quite a while to find an artist that is not VERY popular (like Kumi or Ayumi) from Avex that has a PV with a relatively high budget. But recently, GIRL NEXT DOOR released a PV that I think shows how little of a damn Avex cares about AAA now.

So let's compare the PVs (AAA's Jamboree!! and GIRL NEXT DOOR's Seeds of Dream) in terms of cheapness!

(It's nice to note that AAA debuted 3 years earlier than GIRL NEXT DOOR.)
(It's also comforting that AAA had the better song title. Seeds of Dream just gives all sorts of dirty thoughts about happy dreams guys have at night.)

[Scene Changes]

It would be common sense that more scene changes means more moving around of equipment and more getting correct lighting and more time and basically more work. More work = more money needed. Common sense.

AAA had this amount of different scenes/sets:



ONE! YAY!

The whole of AAA's Jamboree!! was shot in this studio set that pretends to be some rooftop but is in fact just some indoor dingy place with fake lightbulb stars.

GIRL NEXT DOOR had this amount of scene changes:




Around Twenty-three.

Yeah, I was that bored. And yes, instead of just a studio set, they had a studio AND a freaking city.

Obviously, GIRL NEXT DOOR had the less cheap PV.

[Computer Generated effects]

More CG effects, more money. Makes sense.

AAA has:



Glitter.

Yawn.

GIRL NEXT DOOR has:



Magical walking shoes and Kaleidoscope effects.

And the shoes walk by themselves for the WHOLE EFFING PV. That takes a mad amount of CG-ing.

And AAA has what again? Ten seconds of floating stars? Anything else? Sheesh. They'd get more interesting effects throwing coins at each other.

[Additional rubbish]



Well AAA has a real but small board while GIRL NEXT DOOR has a fake but big board. Not too sure who wins.

(Actually this is just here for me to pretend that I have 1337 observation skills. I mean, who notices such things! Only people with no life lik-... Ahem.)

[Dancers, or extra people]

AAA:



WHERE ARE OUR EXTRA PEOPLE AVEX?

Avex: *Throws an orgy with Koda Kumi*
Ayumi: *Squeezes into rubber suits in desperate attempt to be part of the fun*

(Watch Ayumi's Sparkle to see what I'm talking about.)

GIRL NEXT DOOR:



Six.

Never mind that all of them look like mutated dolls that your younger brother painted. It's still six people. Of which you need to dress (badly), train and pay.

Guess who wins?

[Fashion]

Well, AAA wore these:



Hobo-esque clothes.

I don't see how hobo clothes can be expensive. I'm just saying is all. And most of these probably came from their own wardrobes anyways. Or stolen from homeless people on their way to the studio.

As for GIRL NEXT DOOR:



Well, she doesn't look like a hobo for one. So that's already a plus. And she has outfit changes, but that doesn't really count since AAA has 7 people.

However...



For the lesser informed, Christian Louboutin is a French luxury shoe brand. Their shoes usually start at 500 USD per pair. I would think using their name in the PV would require some form of fee. Or maybe they sponsored GIRL NEXT DOOR to get free advertising. Irregardless, AAA doesn't have it. Suck on that.

And if you thought that was all...


See those shades they're wearing? They're these shades:



Linda Farrow/Jeremy Scott Toolbox sunglasses

And they cost 300 USD a pair. If they're willing to use designer sunglasses, I don't think they're going to scrimp all that much on the other stuff.

GIRL NEXT DOOR wins.

See how cheap AAA's PV is? Do you think I was relieved when I saw it? Avex probably gave them 100000 yen and asked them to be resourceful or something. Which is really not a good sign about AAA's future.

[Q4R-related]

I just thought I should just let you guys know what I'm going to cover in the next few weeks so you can just throw all related questions to me at once. I finished Arashi week previously, only to have more Arashi questions flooding in. xD

Anyways, here are the topics that will be answered in the following weeks:
  • KAT-TUN
  • Kpop
This means if you ask something related to one of the other, your question will definitely be answered in a few weeks' time.

So go click on the nifty button and ask away! (Please don't leave your questions in the comment box of this post. It confuses me. I have a simple mind. Make things easy for me?)

(Which isn't to say that you shouldn't comment on this post though. Because you should. I need lots of praise because I'm shameless and needy that way.)

Labels: ,

5 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?