Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Q4R #006: No more?
Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This will be the last post I will ever do on Raid My Minibar. It has been fun. Thanks for all the memories.






























































JUST KIDDING. HAPPY APRIL FOOLS' EVERYONE!
(You can't get rid of me that easily.)

Before I start off this week's Q4R, here's a few things...



THANK YOU FOR 50000 VISITORS.


Also:



THANK YOU FOR 100000 PAGEVIEWS!

It really has been a long and tough journey which was often unpleasant, but I'm glad all of you stuck with me till this very day! :D I hope to make this blog more interactive (partly because I'm really lazy, but you didn't read that) so that you guys can join in the fun I've been having too!

Do continue to love or hate me and come back often to check on me? 8D

This week I've chosen all the Koda Kumi questions, because I felt like it. :D
  • Meh, are Koda Kumi's EYES even real?
They fall out from their sockets from time to time when she dances too hard, but otherwise they work fine.

I think a fanboy caught one of her glass balls once at her concert. Here's an excerpt from his fan-report:

I HAS CAUGHT KUMI-SAMA'S EYEBALL. BEE JEALUZ OF ME. IT WUS STILL WARM AND WET AND SLIPPRY! I CAME ALL OVER MUHSELVES.

Yeah. Disturbing shit.
  • Do you think Goto Maki is going to be a Koda Kumi clone?
As I've said in my previous Q4R:

Besides, her music is dance-electronica, which means most of her potential fanbase has already been conquered by Amuro Namie. Unless she's intending to be really controversial and do something really out of this world, she'll end up being another Leah Dizon. Like "Oh yeah I know who she is and yeah she's pretty but so what?"

So I highly doubt so, I don't think Japan can handle their pretty and adorable Gomakki turning into a hot slut. They would prefer her to be tastefully sexy like Amuro Namie.

*barfs in boredom*

She'll end up in one of three situations:

  1. Getting married like Fujimoto Miki.
  2. Growing boring and lame like Suzuki Ami.
  3. Or both, like Leah Dizon.
  • What'd you think of TRICK?


I think it is easier if I just tell you the songs I actually LIKE (or can bring myself to listen to) on this album.

[Driving]

Really addictive beat, that has just the right mix of synth and thump thump.

[Joyful]

Bright and refreshing Kumi. Good for chasing a boring and dull day away. This is the kind of cute that works on Kumi. That show girl rubbish she did is more suited for more plastic people. Like Amuro Namie. *shrugs*

The other numbers on this album sucks. They belong on an Hamasaki Ayumi album.
  • What is your favorite single from the following artists :
    -AAA
    -Koda Kumi
    -Arashi
    -KAT-TUN (just for the hell of it)
    -Tegomass
    -NEWS
    -Morning Musume
    -Kanjani8
Wow. This is such a big question. Hmm.

So let's go one by one then. I won't go into long explanations for them all, because it's usually pretty self-explanatory if you've been following my blog.

[AAA]



Kuchibiru Kara Romantica / That's Right

Swing and Rock. You can't get more varied than this. Both are very solid efforts from AAA. Possibly their last "good" single.

[Koda Kumi]



TABOO

The song was impossibly addictive and the PV was just made of pure sex. How can you NOT like this?

[Arashi]



Kitto Daijoubu

This was really just the brightest and gheyest Arashi's ever been. It will get stuck in your head after a few listens. Be very careful.

[KAT-TUN]



DON'T U EVER STOP

It's the kind of song that latches on to you and never lets go. I honestly didn't like it initially, but it eventually grew on me.

There's a very strange phenomenon for me with KAT-TUN. I never EVER really like any of their music, but I can ALWAYS remember how they sound like. I mean, starting from Yorokobi no Uta, I can hum every single tune they've released as singles. How creepy.

[Tegomasu]



Kiss ~Kaerimichi no Love Song~

I guess a simple song like this really shows off the clean and sweet vocals the two of them have. The other two (Miso Soup and Ai Ai Gasa) were just a wee bit melodramatic for me.

[NEWS]



weeeek

The song was fun, insanely catchy, and the PV was really well done. Not to mention all of them look really hot here.

[Morning Musume]



Renai Revolution 21


Now I'll be honest and tell you that I really don't fancy Momusu all that much. I only like them (the current line-up) because they look really cute and pretty. Other than that, I find their songs mostly failtastic and their personalities boring as heck.

So this is really the only song from them that I daresay I LIKE. If they redid this song with the current line-up, I will be the first to squee over it. Mark my word.

[Kanjani 8]



Zukkoke Otokomichi

This is the most RETARDED song EVER. It has a stupid dance, a really spastic tune and basically all of them look like they're high on cheap crack when they're performing this.

I love it!
  • what other languages do you speak?
I am fluent in English, Chinese, Hokkien (it's a mandarin dialect, like Cantonese) and sarcasm.
  • please please please please. Ive always wondered what you looked like. x.x PLEEASSE SHOW ONE PICTURE! Just one. please ... ?
  • are you sexy ?


That's me. Feel free to drool on your keyboards.
  • whats your fav word ?
... Faux pas? Delightful? Nipples? I don't really know.
  • uh, do you shave your legs and wax your body ?
  • do you do your eyebrows ?
Why people ask me such questions is beyond me. Is it because I refuse to tell you my sexual orientation that you've resorted to using more subtle methods to figure me out? Sheesh.

Well, no for the first one and whenever I feel like it for the second. If it helps any, I file my nails pretty damned often. Does that make things easier for you guys to figure out? xD

Remember to keep sending me all your hilarious questions! :D



[Serious post note]

A few of you might have seen this coming, but I have seriously given this a lot of thought and consideration and have finally decided that my readers should have the final say in this.

As most of you know by now, I have pretty much fallen in love with Kpop as of 2009. It's really nothing to be alarmed about, I still do love Jpop quite a bit, but as I have lamented many times before, 2009 is shaping up to be a really boring year for Jpop. By this time of the year in 2008, there would already have been a major scandal (Kumi), some major fan tearjerking (Ayumi deaf) and a girl group would have started their first of many inexplicably-popular singles (Perfume, Baby Cruising Love).

But in 2009 all we have is 2 marriages (Mikitty - we totally saw that one coming, and Melody. - only surprising because of Miyavi) and um, two boring albums? (Kumi - TRICK, Ayumi - NEXT LEVEL or something.) Well at least we still have the popular single (Perfume - One Room Disco).

(Please don't tell me 2009 is eventful because of the Elder Club graduation or something, because really, I don't care. They're old, Japanese are pedophiles, it was all meant to be.)

So here's the question (oh god, that was one long ramble) - should I start blogging about Kpop? I'm not talking about the kind where I compare Jpop and Kpop occasionally and such but really just Kpop-centric posts. I'm really only asking you guys because as much as Raid My Minibar is my blog, it too has been brought to where it is today by the many comments and input from my readers. To be honest, I won't be blogging right this moment if I didn't have all my awesome readers.

Please comment on this post telling me yes or no, and why. Try to give me better reasons other than "OMGAH YES KOREAN STARS ARE SO HOT" or "NUU KPOP SUXXORZ".

I know a bunch of you don't see the need to comment at all and truth be told, I don't comment on most of the blogs I read either, but do take the time to just let me know. It's really a rather big decision for me. I want all of you to be a part of it.

Also, please don't worry that my blogging about Kpop will mean I will cease blogging about Jpop, because I won't. Jpop is my first love and will always be the wife I love complaining about. Kpop is my mistress. xD

Similarly, if most of you guys think I should not blog about Kpop, then I won't. :D

Comment please? Really?

Labels: ,

33 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?