Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Top 30 Jpop / Kpop songs 2009: Nominate!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We've finally entered the last quarter of the year and it's time to prepare for those end-of-year lists we bloggers like to do so much.

I did a top 30 Jpop songs list last year and I'm definitely hoping to get one up this year too. Of course, with my newfound Kpop fandom, there will be a top 30 Kpop songs list as well!

So here's where you guys come in. Honestly, I've not been paying as much attention as I'd like (and by that I mean constant refreshes at Jpopsuki for new stuff and stalking Oricon for new music) to Jpop and hence I have a feeling that I've missed out a TON of good stuff. So, I would like you guys to recommend me some music that you think I would like or that deserves to be on the list.

[Guidelines]

  1. As always, I love cracktastic pop. If the song is insanely happy and cheery, then I'd be likely to love it.
  2. Otherwise, it would be good if you could recommend me songs with a very strong melody line (the basic rule of thumb is if you can hum the song without sounding like a retard, then it's good).
  3. Please only recommend songs that were releases in 2009 January onwards. I don't care if it was released in the last week of December and it charted all the way till March or whatever. If it's not released in 2009, it shouldn't be on this list.
  4. Please only recommend Jpop songs. I don't need help with Kpop, and am not interested in all the other stuff.
  5. Generally avoid recommending Jrock, because I don't really like it anyways. Milder stuff such as GLAY and L'Arc~en~ciel might be okay.
  6. Please only recommend SONGS, not SINGLES or ALBUMS.
  7. Please include the title of the song, followed by the singer of the song. If possible, do give me a Youtube link as well! :D
  8. The song you've recommended might not get on the list, so please be understanding.
  9. Please do not recommend me songs from: AAA, Hirai Ken, Koda Kumi, Hamasaki Ayumi, AKB48, Big Bang or Tegomasu. I've heard their stuff already. :D
Just to give you a little clue to help you know what to recommend me, here are 3 of the chosen songs (these songs might get taken off the list later on if I find something better)!


Perfume - One Room Disco


Kobukuro - Niji


mihimaru GT - Switch

Oh and before any of you get excited and recommend me BoA's latest song Bump Bump, I've already heard that too. :D

Leave them recommendations in this post! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels:

30 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?