Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


AAA 3rd Anniversary Live Outfits // Urata!!! // Other weird outfits
Thursday, September 25, 2008

They're pretty much the best I've seen from AAA in a while. Let's face it, the previous concert's outfits either fell into the tacky category, or the cheap category.



Previous Concert's

The 3rd Anniversary Live however, has much better outfits, as you will soon realize.

[White Costume (Urata & Shuta's not available)]




At least this time, their costumes are not floppy, sloppy or furry. Which is a vast improvement from the previous concert in my opinion. The current concert's outfit makes them look smart and neat, which is always better than sloppy and floppy.

And Hidaka looks awesome with his new hairdo. At least he doesn't look like a sad homeless hobo anymore.

[Blue Costume]




Somehow this outfit reminds me of working people - the girls as waitresses and the guys as car washers or something. All of them look really cute and fresh, which I suspect is due to the very vibrant blue.



The polka dots are a bit WTF, but I still think they fit into this whole fun theme.

[Encore - Official Concert T-shirt]




This year's concert T-shirt is undoubtedly the best looking one thus far. The whole tie thing is really cute! Polka dots seems to be a recurring theme this year, with the towel being dotted as well.

I think Chiaki's eyeliner is scary. She's trying too hard to be Namie Amuro or something I guess. Look at the other photos, her eyes are drawn really.... odd.

And Shuta's hair this year is.... *swoons*

[Random Everyone-wears-whatever-they-want Costume]



And here's where I have a little problem with the outfits. Just a little though. Nissy's vest thingy looks like it came out of a weird children's television show. The oversized-ness of it makes him look ridiculous too. Don't really like Urata's army-print-ish cap too, he makes it look like he's trying a bit too hard. And Shuta's flowy coast with oversized collars is Nishikido Ryo all over again (remember Taiyou no Namida?).



But Nissy and Shuta eventually take off those monstrosities, so oh wells.



Much better. And Shuta licking his lips makes me nuts. ASDFGHJKL.

[Other costumes]

There are a few other costumes that didn't seem to fit anywhere else, so here they are.



I like the black and gold outfit! It makes Nissy look really manly and Misako look sexy as hell. But the other two.... Well Chiaki looks like she's wearing a blanket and Misako looks like she's wearing what an evil sewing machine ate and spit out. Either way, I'm hoping those outfits don't take up too much of the concert.

I'm really looking forward to this year's concert! Hopefully it'll be a phenomenal one. AAA always has the best concerts, so nothing short of phenomenal is going to make me happy.

And also, Tokyograph reports:

AAA performed at the Nippon Budokan on Tuesday in front of a crowd of approximately 10,000 fans. During the show, leader Naoya Urata formally announced that he will soon be making his debut as a solo artist, while still remaining active with AAA.

His debut song, "Baby Bang! Feat. SPHERE," has just been made available as a chaku-uta. An official website has also been launched at http://uratanaoya.com/.

ASDFGHJKL. FINALLY HE ANNOUNCES IT! I swear I will so buy all versions of the damn single if it looks god/sounds good. It sounds great thus far, although the whole style of it is vastly different from AAA's normal works, so we'll just have to wait and see.

TAKE THAT NISSY WHATSHISFACE. WHO'S THE SOLOIST NOW HUH.

[Edit]

And so this little preview picture appeared yesterday. It's for the upcoming drama that AAA is going to star in. I'm hoping someone uploads it, but if not, I'm sure Avex will still release a DVD for it.



Mirai Seiki Shakespeare

Not really understanding why Urata is wearing a crown on top of his cap. It makes him look silly. But then again, he IS the king of AAA so that gives him an excuse to do anything with a crown I suppose. The skull and the fur is total overkill and I'm quite sure he's worn that jacket somewhere before. And jeans? Ok, I have no idea what he's supposed to be anymore.

Witchy Misako is HOT, and the hole in her stocking makes me think of her doing something very VERY rough prior to the photoshoot (COUGHSEXSEXSEXCOUGH). And leather collar? Nice.

Shin looks like a younger moses, with his big rod and all. He looks dirty. And not in the good way either.

Nissy. What a car wreck. Half armor, some army looking uniform, checkered scarf as a skirt, pirate's hat, fisherman boots (or leather socks?) and street shoes. Couldn't he just decide on one theme and go with it? He's probably the kind of kid that will go crazy on Halloween. Sheesh.

HIDAKA. HAHAHAHAHA. I know it's supposed to make him look like a jester or a clown, but HE LOOKS LIKE A DAMN TRANNY IN THAT PHOTO. What with his long hair and all. And holding a doll (albeit a scary one) too. This drama is going to be so amazing.

Chiaki looks adorable. Her face at least. The rest of the outfit however is really just oddly matched. She's a fairy (with cheap toy-store wings), who wears FUR, tribal accessories and carries a CAGE (which winged creatures fear, I thought?) around. Is she demented in the drama? Or just insane?

And we have Shuta, the one who looks the most normal. The very big cape makes me think of him in tights, but once again, I think that's just me.

Sigh, AAA is just so amazing sometimes.

Labels:

7 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?