Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


My Ten favorite J-media males and females for 2008 (Females)
Thursday, September 18, 2008

This post took much faster to format than the previous time, much due to my *cough cough* experience. But the pictures were still hell to find and edit though. D:

By the way, I forgot to mention in the previous post but the "Previous winner" photos were all taken from my old post, just so you could see why I liked them (looks-wise) in that order as compared to now.

And this post was completed in four hours. Minus picture editing time. I hate posts like these. They make me work extra hard. I need to be a lazy blogger.

10th Place


Hinoi Team
(Rika was previously ranked 8th)




I'm still hanging on to the vague and (hopeless) dream that one day these girls might come back together and release another Eurobeat single/album. I don't even care if it's only Asuka who does the Eurobeat single/album. I JUST WANT MORE EUROBEAT! D: All the ballad pop rubbish Asuka's been doing is making me yawn.


I'm still in love with their old songs like "Yeah!", "PLAY WITH THE NUMBERS" and "Hey Mr. DJ". Infectious and loads of fun, I don't think I'll ever grow tired of these.


But if they still don't do SOMETHING next year, I'm guessing their place in my list might just be replaced by Perfume or something.







Previous winner



Hiroko

(mihimaru GT)

9th Place


Fujimoto Miki
(Was previously ranked 6th)






Mikitty! I still think she is one of the prettiest people to ever come out of Hello! Project. It's a darn shame that she got suspended and that her comeback solo single was such a flop. I mean, Enka? Seriously?

I don't know what Hello! Project wants to do with her, but I hope it's not her going solo again. She's much more fun to watch when she is with other members, goofing around and such. This new demure her could get tired on me very easily.

But she's still pretty, so what the heck.







Previous winner

Yui (RSP)

8th Place


YUI
(Was previously ranked 4th)




YUI is such a mystery to me. How can anyone be so awkward conversationally yet have such amazing songwriting/singing/performing skills?


Her single "Summer Song" BLEW ME AWAY. It's easily the best song of the summer this year released by a Jpop artist. Also, the fact that she's smiling a lot more in magazines and on TV is a bonus. She looks really cute and innocent when she smiles!


But she's still very uncomfortable when talking to variety show hosts, and she is TAKING A BREAK?


Let's hope the break is just a short one. Like 20 minutes long.







Previous winner



Takenaka Rika

(Hinoi Team)

7th Place


Niigaki Risa
(Was previously Unranked)





Gaki, the nice big sister of Morning Musume. I always thought she had a very pleasant personality. Maybe a bit too nice, but pleasant nonetheless. She seemed like the kind of girl I would probably not hate, but wouldn't notice much of either.


Then she surprised me by doing that whole "1 2 3~!!! 4 5 6~!!!" silly counting thing on Haromoni. I laughed till my face hurt watching that episode.


I hope she gets more solo lines! I honestly don't understand why someone less senior than she is (*cough* Reina *cough* Koharu *cough*) is getting much more lines and attention than she is. I'm not a huge fan of Morning Musume, so I wouldn't know. Is her singing THAT bad?









Previous winner



Leah Dizon

6th Place


Kamei Eri
(Was previously Unranked)




Kamei! She is the most silly girl in Morning Musume. The things she says and do never fail to make me go either *headtable* or LOL.


And her face when she sees food is just so adorable too! She lights up and opens her eyes really wide like a little child. She makes a person want to feed her food non-stop forever.


And she's pretty. She looks AMAZING in most of her photos (as well as PVs and shows and anything else you can see), so bonus points!


I'm slightly sad that the chance of her ever being leader of Morning Musume is kind of slim (what with Reina around). Sigh.







Previous winner



Fujimoto Miki

5th Place


Mitsui Aika
(Was previously Unranked)



My favorite member of Morning Musume, how can such a cute thing ever exist! I can watch this girl roll makis and talk to a butt-ugly puppet for hours as long as she's wearing that adorable apron.


And seriously, her memory scares me. To remember twenty things (including who is it produced by, place where it is sold and the actual item name) in twenty minutes is practically impossible. I tried memorising twenty Morning Musume members names in twenty minutes (since I'm totally not familiar with them) and I struggled like mad to name them afterwards (in fact, I think I only remember Konno Asami, and Kato something. Is there even a Kato?).


She has tons of potential and will definitely be a star. Just wait and see.







Previous winner



Ito Chiaki

(AAA)

4th Place


Milky Way
(Was previously Unranked)




I'll be honest here. I really don't like Koharu at all. In Morning Musume, all she seems to be is whiny, screechy and really bratty. And the other two girls? I don't even know their names.


But put them together and they suddenly become amazing. I think I've mentioned enough times my love for "Anataboshi". It is so crazy and out of this world. The dance is so fast paced and yet all of them are able to do it flawlessly. Even their lives are good. OK, so they lip sync but you can't really blame them. It's impossible to hold a steady voice and bounce around that rapidly.


I want another single from them! Hopefully with the same amount of energy and fun as their debut.







Previous winner



YUI

3rd Place


Uno Misako
(Was previously ranked 3rd)



It's kind of an odd coincidence that she ended up in the same position as before. Hmm.


Misako has grown so incredibly gorgeous over the past year. She must be getting better stylists or something. Her singing is powerful as always and she is finally showing us a bit of her bitchier side!


Like when she said she wanted money as a prize for winning the game in the AAA Best Album DVD. Or when she asked Chiaki "What the heck are you doing?!" in the MUSIC!!! / ZERO bonus movie. Her snappy and bitchy self makes me really happy.


Avex is also trying to make her more sexy, so that's always a good thing. MORE SKIN PLEASE.







Previous winner



Uno Misako

(AAA)

2nd Place


Ito Chiaki
(Was previously ranked 5th)


I honestly don't know how she got to be in this position. I swear there was a period of time when I hated her.


But I think that was for another reason which I shall not mention.


Chiaki is adorable and silly. She's the one that all of AAA likes to bully, and one can't help but pity the girl. Perhaps it's because of that that I really like her.


Like when AAA makes Chiaki do that cringe inducing "DAAAAAH!!!" thing. Or when Shuta blames her for causing them to fail the mission yet again. Or when Misako tells her off. Somehow just little by little, one would fall more in love with the girl.


If she keeps getting bullied by AAA and accepting it with her pitiful smile, then I'll continue liking her. I think I'm secretly sadistic.








Previous winner



Otsuka Ai

1st Place


Koda Kumi
(Was previously ranked 1st)


And as expected, our champion is Miss Koda Kumi. She got into a lot of shit this year and yet right now she's picked herself up and is doing even better than before.


Her latest single "TABOO" is fucking fantastic, easily one of her best since "BUT / Aisho". Her new hairdo makes her looks amazingly sexy and she is still the bubbly as ever Koda Kumi on all the TV shows. What's not to like?


I've mentioned this before, but her excitement when appearing on shows and concerts make her an absolute joy to watch. I really think that there should be more artists out there like her - sexy, funny and yet can sing. The singers that can sing are as interesting as cardboard. The ones that are funny sings like drowning rats. WHY TELL ME WHY!


She'll definitely top again next year. I think.







Previous winner



Koda Kumi

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?