Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


THANK YOU: NEWS (and some C-ute) on Music Station
Monday, September 1, 2008

First of all:



THANK YOU FOR 30000 VISITORS.
(and 60487 page views)

Without your support for my ego, I might have never made it. xD

So to thank you all, here's possibly one of the longest ever Music Station interviews I've translated. Enjoy!




[Opening]
Dou Mariko & Tamori: Welcome NEWS.
NEWS: Please give us your guidance.
Tamori: How does it feel to be surrounded by so many girls?
Yamapi: Well... *awkward* I really don't know what to feel...
Tamori: Precisely! I should just join NEWS too!
Yamapi: Yes yes of course. Hur hur hur.

(LOL HE WAS TOTALLY PATRONIZING TAMORI.)

Tamori: Welcome for the first time ever, C-ute.
C-ute: Please give us your guidance!
Dou Mariko: The 7 member group with an average of 13.7 years in age. The youngest member Hagiwara-san is currently in her 6th year of elementary school.
Hagiwara Mai: Yes.
Tamori: Did you go to school today?
Hagiwara Mai: Yes I did! Today was the rehearsal for the graduation ceremony.
Dou Mariko: HEH...... *realizes no one is laughing* ...well, that's right. The graduation season is coming up ne?
Tamori: *Turns to Yamapi* Any thoughts?
Yamapi: Well... *awkward* I really don't know what to think.
Tamori: You'll really feel like that! Heh, to be able to work together with elementary school students makes me happy to no end. *Turns to C-ute* Hows does it feel to be on Music Station for the first time? (That is creepy.)
C-ute: *Nods* *Look at each other to answer*
Dou Mariko: Hagiwara please represent and answer for them.
Hagiwara Mai: Yes. We were really looking forward to being on this show, we hope to be able to enjoy ourselves!
Tamori: Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

[NEWS talk section]
Dou Mariko: Next up is the chart-topper for the week, NEWS. Congratulations!
NEWS: Yoroshiku onegashimasu!
Tamori: Have you watched the video we showed just now?
Ryo: Yes.
Tamori: The previous time they came on, they performed in the "rain". But looking at the video, I realized only Nishikido-kun didn't get drenched.
Ryo: Precisely. Actually I wished to get a bit wetter, because the other members were all really wet. Oh it's this part. *points to screen showing their performance video* I did look up at that time and the water came down like PAK. (His words not mine) I was at the center so the water practically didn't touch me at all.
Tamori: That's right.
Ryo: But we've really rehearsed before, I think it's the production team's problem, which caused me to be scolded by everyone for avoiding the rain.
Yamapi: Precisely.
Tamori: *laughs* How did it end up like that! (The water not hitting Ryo, who was not in the center as he said, but at the side.)
Yamapi: The person in the most center got the most wet.
Ryo: Un.
Tamori: Oh really?
Yamapi: They really should have designed it to release the water more evenly.
Ryo: Precisely. Hopefully next time I'll have a chance to get wet.
Tamori: But that was cold water isn't it?
Yamapi: Yes it was.
Tamori: But singing while getting drenched by cold water, won't you - Laa~ GASP - go off key like that? (Tamori should really stop scaring audiences with his horrifying acting. xD)
Ryo & Yamapi: *laughs*
Tamori: It's really cold!
Yamapi: It is isn't it.
Tamori: So immediately after you've finished singing, you went to dry off?
Ryo: Yes.
Yamapi: We had to dry off and change before the next performer sang.
Tamori: Ah is that so. So the week after all of you sang and got drenched, what were you busy with?
Yamapi: I was busy with the promotion campaign of the movie nationwide. Yesterday I went to Hokkaido.
Tamori: Oh. How was Hokkaido? It's snowing heavily isn't it?
Yamapi: Yes, that seems to be the case.
Tamori: This year it snowed amazingly heavily.
Dou Mariko: Nishikido-san was busy with...?
Ryo: Yes, as for me I had to go to Osaka because I had work with Kanjani 8.
Tamori: Ah is that so.
Ryo: Yes.
Tamori: That busy eh?
Ryo: It's like that ne.
Dou Mariko: As well as Kato-san...
Tamori: Kato looks a little tan. What happened to you?
Shige: Well, within this week I went to Australia. *awkward laugh*
Koyama: That's really horrible.
Dou Mariko: Was it for work?
Shige: No, it was purely a private trip.
Tamori: Private?
Yamapi: He went on a holiday ne. *looking unhappy*
Shige: Yes. From last week's MSta till this week's MSta.
Tamori: That's a really short time ne.
Dou Mariko: Koyama-san is really busy with work too.
Koyama: I was busy rehearsing for my musical. And I received a photo via phone mail from Kato. It was him hugging a Koala with a YAY sign (V sign, peace sign).
Shige: It was an impressive photo!
Koyama: It was really terrible. (Or more accurately, "really idiotic")
Shige: The photo was amazing.
Koyama: He actually had nothing to do!
Shige: That's true. *laughs*
Koyama: It was a really infuriating photo!
Tamori: .... They are a group with totally different schedules!
Koyama: Heh, that's how it is.
Tamori: Well then, please standby.
NEWS: Yoroshiku onegashimasu! *leaves*
Dou Mariko: So that's how it is ne. Apparently, when Kato-san went to Australia, he stayed at a condominium-style resort.
Tamori: *looks at her in mild shock*
Dou Mariko: And we heard that he used tour guidebooks and arranged the whole schedule of the trip by himself.
Tamori: Ehhhh.
Dou Mariko: As well as the Koala that we mentioned just now, he also went for some snorkeling and had a lot of fun.
Tamori: Ahh, how envious.

Kyahaha, Shige sending out Koala pictures make me smile for some odd reason. Imagine being really busy and suddenly someone who's supposed to be doing the same work as you sends you a picture like that. I think I'd ignore that person indefinitely. xD

And it's not that I didn't translate the C-ute talk section, it's just that they didn't let them talk at all. They were immediately sent on stage to perform. xD Maybe they were afraid they'd be kids and say silly things. Like OHMYGAH I HAVE A JE BOYFRIEND or something of the sort. *shrugs*

By the way, I'm getting my internet upgraded this Thursday! More than twice as fast! I FEEL EXCITED AND HAPPY! Just in time for the US fall TV season too! GLEE!

Labels: , ,

9 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?