Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


My Ten favorite J-media males and females for 2008 (Males)
Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So as I was saying in the previous Arashi post, I was looking through old posts and I chanced upon a post where I ranked my 30 favorite people in J-media. It was kind of strange to see how much my likings have changed in just one year (the post was roughly a year old). So here's my post for 2008, so that I can check back next year to see how much I've (or will undoubtedly) changed in terms of my fandom.

So after a very scientific and secret process which was...



Pen and Paper.
(Names have been blurred for suspense.)
(Stop gawking at my horrible handwriting, I wasn't born perfect you know.)
(Sigh, I love brackets, don't you?)

I have finally come up with my list for 2008! Doesn't time fly by just too quickly? D: Anyways, the list below might contain a few male GROUPS. That's simply because while I like them as a group, I don't necessarily like them individually.

10th Place



Shirota Yu
(Was previously ranked 3rd)





I think the main reason why Shirota has dropped so many places this year is because of his inactivity (magazines and D-boys activities don't really count since I don't care) as of late. That and the fact that he turned his hair into a hideous broom looking thing. You can understand how someone who only likes Shirota Yu for his looks (and a wee part of his personality) might have a problem with that.


Nonetheless, he's still one of the better looking guys in Japanese media, so he's still in my top 10. I think he might drop out of my top 10 next year because of the whole "I am quitting but not quite quitting D-boys" thing he has going on. Might spell even lesser news from him.







Previous winner



Remioromen

9th Place


Yonekura Toshinori
(Was previously ranked 3rd)




Have you heard this guy sing? He is AMAZING. His lives are always awesome, he dances and he's hot. Only downside is probably the fact that he's a little old.

And the fact that he doesn't appear on any show at all. Or magazines. He's worse than Utada Hikaru. D:

---------------------------------------------------------

Name: Yonekura Toshinori (
米倉利紀)
Birthday: October 21 1972
Debuted: 1992 April with "Mikan no Android"
Official Website: [CLICK]







Previous winner



Tackey & Tsubasa

8th Place



Ikuta Toma
(Was previously ranked 6th)




I feel kind of bad using a picture of him where he has only half a face visible. But the picture was just too nice to pass up, so what the heck I guess.


Anyways, his role in both Maou and Honey & Clover won me over. His acting has improved tremendously and he's funny on the variety shows I've seen him in. I'm still waiting for him to "debut" under a group and get out of that silly "Johnny's Jr." title though. Twenty-something year-old, a junior? Hey! Say! JUMP fourteen year-old, NOT a junior? That makes no effing sense.


I believe he'll only get more popular next year. How could he not?







Previous winner



Monkey Majik

7th Place


NEWS
(Was previously Unranked)


Notice I have (not-so-subtle-ly) cut out two members from this picture of NEWS? Well, it's because I don't really like Yamapi and Koyama (which you can obviously tell from my posts).


Initially I wanted to put "Tegomasu", "Nishikido Ryo" and "Kato Shigeaki" into three different spots, but it seemed kind of silly to split them all up when they make the majority of NEWS.


Basically, I like Tegomasu because they sing well. And they're too gay. I like Ryo because he's sick and twisted and can act that way in a drama really well. I like Shige because... well, he's funny. xD I think it was some Shounen Club Premium episode that gave me this impression. He was so anal about Tegoshi calling him "Shige" plainly without "-kun" or "-san" or anything. And yet he was trying to insinuate that he didn't mind at all. xD









Previous winner



Oguri Shun

6th Place


Tackey & Tsubasa
(Was previously ranked 9th)






I swear these two are NOT in the same idol group. They're really becoming like "Shuji to Akira" - two soloists coming together every now and then to release a song or two. HOW IS IT THAT AN IDOL GROUP CAN APPEAR IN MAGAZINES SEPARATELY FOR SUCH A LONG TIME?! D:


Anyways, the only single they've released this year - Koiuta - was decent, and I seem to like all their songs. Also, the two of them when together (those rare occasions) are hilarious and loads of fun, so that's nice too. They should really be together more though. Tsk.







Previous winner



Ikuta Toma

5th Place


Murakami Shingo
(Was previously Unranked)




He is SO loud and so full of life on all the shows they go on! He's incredibly funny, and his crazy teeth drives me nuts. That and the fact that he's like an old man all the time in Kanjani 8. xD


Oh, and he looks good too of course.


I think I realized this only after he cut his hair, which was early this year before they released their single "Wahaha". I guess I am superficial after all.


I doubt he'll go into acting, but I really hope someone could upload to Jpopsuki or something the shows that he hosts. That would be nice. Sigh, I need more Shingo in my life.







Previous winner



Tamaki Hiroshi

4th Place


Hirai Ken
(Was previously ranked 2nd)


GASP! HOW COULD HIRAI KEN BE FOURTH!


Well, I think my top four are interchangeable for now, so at this current moment, he "feels" like a fourth in my list.


After releasing "FAKIN' POP" in March (and that re-cut single a few weeks after?), there has been practically NO NEWS from him! He's taking his Ken's bar anniversary tour, but couldn't he at least APPEAR ON MAGAZINES once in a while?


Even his official website is dusty with old news of him appearing in J-WAVE LIVE 2008, which has not aired yet (or has not been uploaded yet, I don't know).


From past record, it seems he takes a break of around six months after he releases an album, so let's hope he does something. Soon. It's nearing seven months already! D:







Previous winner



Sueyoshi Shuta

3rd Place


Mukai Osamu
(Was previously ranked 15th)



The good guy! He has a really sweet personality and is really funny. Also, he can act as a totally over-macho dude (Osen, Bambino), a overly nice guy (Seigi no Mikata) or just a somewhere-in-between guy who likes older women (Honey & Clover).


Plus, he's tall. And really good looking. And he's kind too! (Or so it seems from the Nakai Bowling special.) And he's sort of silly, because he says things like "I have a cat, but I want to turn it into a dog." xD What's not to love?


And he loves pasta! (Totally irrelevant, but I just had to add that. There is a crazy amount of photos on his blog of many many many different kinds of pasta dishes. He has a weird fetish.)







Previous winner



Shirota Yuu

2nd Place


Sueyoshi Shuta
(Was previously ranked 4th)


Shuta is always really great to watch in concerts and all. His dancing is superb, he takes great pictures and he has an awesome smile. He's one of the more serious ones in AAA, but he still has fun from time to time, like acting totally effeminate in the Delicious Gakuin Musical (a must watch for any AAA fan I tell you, it's so full of win).


Oh, and his solo in "Chewing Gum" during the AAA Tour 2008 blew me away. His voice is way too awesome for him to just be a back-up dancer.


He's also the first one to thank fans all the time during concerts (he really does it a lot) so his appreciation for his fans is kind of heartwarming.


I'm hoping he gets way more opportunities to sing in the future with AAA. He sings well, dances well and is sincere too!







Previous winner



Hirai Ken

1st Place



Urata Naoya
(Was previously ranked 1st)


I think I have a "first love complex". D: Even my female ranking's first remained the same. This is odd.


Anyways, Urata sings well, as always, and he is also really funny. HIs old man antics and his trying to be cute is utterly hilarious to watch! He does things like hugging and proclaiming his love to himself (in Delicious Gakuin musical), claiming his sweaty back is cute (in AAA Tour 2008) and basically acting like a little kid on many other occasions (*cough* OFFICIAL WEBSITE VIDEO *cough*).


And well... he's tall. I like taller people. xD


I also like the fact that he seems so nervous on all the variety shows they've been on. He smiles a lot and talks in a real polite cheerful manner, which is a weird juxtaposition to his looks and all.


Or maybe it's just because I like them old. D:







Previous winner



Urata Naoya


Other male stars that nearly made the list were Miyake Ken (from V6), Tamaki Hiroshi and EXILE.

(On a random side note, this post has given me an UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT OF GRIEF. The HTML screws up way too easily and the pictures are a pain to find. BAH, I need a new way to blog in tables. D: I started this post at 8 PM and now it's already 1 AM! 5 hours on a post that will take people about 2 minutes to read. How wonderful.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?