Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Q4R #009: Kpop (It has finally invaded!)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009

By the way, I got home from work today REALLY late only to see EVEN more Kpop questions that came in in the past few days (I prepared this post over the weekend) so now I'm staying up just to finish up the post. And I totally have to reach work early tomorrow, so all of you better be like grateful or something.

Anyways, for future Q4Rs, PLEASE try not to ask me to review PVs anymore? I know it's probably the funniest stuff you'll ever read on here, but work does not permit me a lot of time for blogging anymore (I work all 7 days of the week, if you didn't already know). You can still recommend me PVs to watch, and if I think there's a post to be made from it, then I'll blog about it. Otherwise, if you tell me to "OMG REVIEW THIS PV", I don't think I'll be able to. I mean, I would really love to if I could, but I just don't have the time anymore.

Not many pictures for this post either, because, you know.

Oh well, enough party pooper material. Onto the Kpop!
  • well i know that you have just started to get into kpop. but i hope you can answer this anyways. what is Super Junior exactly? I mean I know there are subgroups an stuff, so would it be the equivalent of HSJ's 7 and best? Im really confused on this one so PLEASE help me out x(


Well, Super Junior is just a group of guys who love to have kinky orgies. The different subgroups is for the different fetishes they have.

Super Junior - K.R.Y: Stands for Kissing, Rubbing and Yodeling. Yeah, they're kinky like that. They have really noisy and disturbing sex.

Super Junior - T: Stands for Top. Three crazy tops trying to top each other. Loads of naked wrestling involved.

Super Junior - M: Stands for Masochistic. This group of members sit in a circle smacking each other and orgasming all over each other. Loads of crying involved.

Super Junior - Happy: ... Do I really need to explain this? Is this not obvious enough?
  • Raid, if you had to compare, which boy-band is better, DBSK or ss501?
DBSK by a far stretch. SS501 is only being good at...

*awkward silence*

Yeah DBSK is better. But I still don't really like them.
  • Well this isn't j-pop but eh whatever. Which do you prefer most? Big Bang, TVXQ, or Super Junior? (i get the feeling you'll answer big bang though)
Indeed it IS Big Bang. Suju is toooooo ghey (think drunken frat boys who haven't gotten any in decades and are really desperate and had some sort of sexual powder sprinkled all over them with loads of estrogen pills). DBSK is too... I don't know, old? Only old grannies love DBSK (not kidding by the way).

Big Bang's music is fun, different, and all of the members grow on you after a while. They're not safe and bland yet not overly produced to make them seem fake. So yeah, Big Bang it is.
  • Review on Super Junior's Sorry Sorry (and MV too please) !!??
    -I think it can go two ways for people : hot and sexy; catchy song or still hot ans sexy; but an annoying song x)
    I PERSONALLY LOVED IT ;)
  • Review on SuJu's Sorry Sorry
    and (if youve listened to it) their third album :D
    i, for one, LOVED it ^^
I loved it in the beginning, and thought it was going to be the BIGGEST SONG of 2009.

But just 15 to 20 listens later, I got so thoroughly sick of it that I removed it from my playlist.

It's an interesting song yes, but it is so monotonous and similar after a while that it fades out very quickly.

And the MV was far too messy and busy. There was too much going on and if you look very closely, Eeteuk makes a lot of mistakes in the dancing.

Not cool at all.

But yes, I did think it was hot and sexy in the beginning. Even if Kangin's hair in the MV made me wonder which wig shop made that monstrosity.
  • THAT LITTLE FACE THAT APPEARS ON THE URL BAR (in front of your url), TAEYANG IS DAT CHU??!
Yes, it is Taeyang! Please give him a lot of love! 8D

  • Hi! Loved your KAT-TUN post, I lolled so hard reading it! XD I`m glad to find a person that thinks like me when it comes to Johnny`s bands! ^_^
    Well, as you said this week is about k-pop, here is my question:

    * Which are your 5 favorite Big Bang songs and why?

    Have a nice week!! ^^
LOL, I'm glad you liked the KAT-TUN post.

Anyways, my favorite songs, as I've repeated again and again, have a very distinct "hummable" melody, or is cracktastic, or is repetitive and hence addictive. I guess this applies to these five Big Bang songs:
  1. WONDERFUL
  2. Stylish
  3. Sunset Glow
  4. Last Farewell
  5. Lollipop
  6. (One more just because!) Seungri's solo Strong Baby
All worth trying. Very upbeat stuff that's bound to put you in the mood for partying or make your day that much better.

(On a side note, whenever I introduce Big Bang to anyone, it's usually TOP's rapping that turns them off. So try to ignore that I suppose? I quite like his rapping, so I don't see the whole point but you know. It's too much of a waste for you to give up on them just because you hate the rapping.)
  • when are you going to start blogging on kpop (minus sqs and q4r)?
Probably never. You see, I get the feeling that people only enjoy my blog if they know who the heck I'm talking about. If I rant about KAT-TUN and Ayumi, it'll be funny because you probably agree on some of the things I say etc. This puts me in a rather difficult position on Kpop, how do I make it "familiar" to my readers before I actually start bashing these people?

I still have no answer for this, so yes, probably never going to start blogging about Kpop.
  • are you gonna switch places from jpop to kpop D:
Has been answered before.

I don't think so, no. It's not so much a switch as it is a... new interest? I don't know. I don't think I can ever truly give up Jpop, it is after all my first love and all. *mushy*

But Jpop has been infuriating recently, with almost everything that's coming out being so generic and same-ish. Kpop has more varied styles and the videos are more often than not, pretty damn amazing.

But I'll admit, Kpop has distracted me plenty from Jpop recently. *shrugs*
  • do you like super junior? if so, who do you like the most?
No I don't like Super Junior, but I still have a favorite member amongst them (how ironic!). My favorite member is Siwon:


I think you can see why.

  • haha.
    nearly forgot to ask this weeks of q4r questions. XPP KPOP :D:D
    --
    uy,
    who is your fav member and least fav member of each of the following boybands (cuz i dont give a **** for most girlbands xD) & why :D
    -Super Junior
    -SHINee
    -SS501
    -BIG BANG
    -DBSK
    -2am
    -2pm
    -Rain/Bi
  • Do you like the korean band Tohoshinki or DBSK? If you do, can you name your favorite member and few songs you like from them?
I've already answered the Super Junior one, so there.

[SHINee]



SHINee would probably be... (checks wikipedia) Minho. Because he's really photogenic, and the episode of SHINee with 2PM was just too much love for me to handle.

For the people who do not bother about Kpop to watch any of these aforementioned videos, Minho basically said that one of 2PM's members was his lover. It went something like this:

2PM member (Nickhun): You have a lover right!
Minho: But aren't you my lover?

ASDFGHJKL NOT COHERANT.

(Search Idol Army SHINee 2PM on Youtube.)

[SS501]



Don't care enough about them, but I think I quite like... (checks wikipedia again) Hyung Joon. I don't even know.

[BIG BANG]

I think it's a rare thing that I have no clear cut favorite in a group, but such is the case with BIG BANG. ALL OF THEM ARE SO LOVEABLE.

But if I HAD to choose, it'd probably be...



Taeyang.

[DBSK & 2AM]

Don't know, or don't care, or both.

(But my favorite DBSK song is Runaway, which I chose in my Top 30 list last year.)

[2PM]

Lee Junho, for sure. He's adorable, yet incredibly sexy.



I only chose this picture because it showed skin. Thank me.

[Rain/Bi]

You do know that Rain is a PERSON right? Like I can't choose my favorite member out of a person....

Oh, wait, I can. *dirty smile*
  • what made you like kpop all of a sudden?
Well firstly, it wasn't so much "all of a sudden" as it was a futile struggle from the very beginning. I've heard a few Kpop songs here and there and have quite liked them, but just didn't like the idea of being a Kpop fan myself. (Another ironic fact, one of my first ever Kpop song is Super Junior's Miracle. Oh god.)

And then I fell in love with one of SHINee's songs SA.GAE.HAN (Love should go on) which was already bad enough.

Then Alex (remember him?) came along with his smooth as chocolate voice which prompted me to watch We Got Married (a variety show) on which all the stars were being so lovey-dovey and from then my resistance against Kpop just gets weaker and weaker.

(I even bought an Alex album. Uh-oh.)

And then Big Bang's Haru Haru came out and I found the MV hilarious (in Korea they don't call it PVs for some odd reason). But strangely, the song got stuck in my head for the longest time.

Bad.

And then Big Bang's 2nd album came out and I went CRAZY about the two songs Sunset Glow and WONDERFUL. (I mentioned them in my Top 30 Best Songs list last year)

At this point, I just like Big Bang for their songs.

But!!! One of their members had to go do that sexy MV for his solo. Yes, I'm talking about Seungri and Strong Baby.

Around the same time, I found a video of SNSD's Gee. And from then on, the battle was over. I was one of them.

NUUUUU.

So now you know. Don't think one video here and one song there doesn't matter. For all you know, you might like Ethiopian music suddenly! :O
  • What would be korea's equivalent to KAT-TUN?
... I honestly think Suju is like NEWS, Kanjani 8 and KAT-TUN all mixed into that orgy of a group.
  • (it's kinda kpop-ish)
    thoughts on k-dramas?
  1. Someone always dies. Or is about to die. Or nearly died.
  2. Almost always, you would fall in love with someone you're not supposed to, like your brother whom you got seperated with at birth, or the girl who has your dead ex-girlfriend's heart, or this fat old lady who probably could be your mother...
  3. Somehow, everyone finds a way to love the MANY MANY bad things about the other person and true love ensues.
  4. There will always be a really over-demanding parent. Almost always a mother.
  5. The male lead is almost always really rich in some way or another. He's either the owner of a cafe, a director, a royal prince or something equally out-of-this-world. Sheesh.
  6. The three golden Cs of Korean dramas are: Cancer, Car Crash and Crying.
  7. The girl is always described as "normal and ugly", even if she looks prettier than 75% of Korea's population.
  • what is the biggest difference between kpop and jpop?
Price and release frequency.
  • current top 5 fav kpop artists x)
  1. Big Bang
  2. 2PM
  3. SNSD
  4. Lee Hyori
  5. Super Junior-Happy
  • God came down to you and said "Raid, you have the power to put 4 of the most talented kpop artists in one group." who would you pick & why?
  1. Taeyang (Big Bang)
  2. Junho (2PM)
  3. Seungri (Big Bang)
  4. Taecyeon (2PM)
Because it would make one hot orgy.
  • Do you listen to Korean girl groups like Wondergirls and SNSD? If so, what's the major diff bet. Korean and Japanese girl groups?
Japanese Groups: Wears costumes that belong at a children's party.
Korean Groups: Wear costumes that belong at an adult's party.

Japanese Groups: Everyone has fake, padded boobies.
Korean Groups: Everyone has fake, padded noses.

Japanese Groups: KAWAII~
Korean Groups: AEGYO~

Japanese Groups: *old sweaty Japanese men yell*
Korean Groups: *old sweaty Korean men yell*

Japanese Groups: We just released our 378th single! :D
Korean Groups: We just released our 3rd album. D: But we've also released our 2nd photobook, 3 different sets of t-shirts, a new range of make-up, a perfume line, a set of posters and 24 different shoes in the same month! 8D

Gosh, Kpop week was harder than I thought. Anyways, next week's topic is a secret because I'm having a hard time with it and I don't really want to answer any more questions about said topic. xD

If you have a question for me, don't hesitate to ask! :D If you have ALREADY submitted your question, please DO NOT resubmit it! :D

Click on the nifty button to send me a question! :D


Labels: , , , , ,

6 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?