Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Remioromen - Wonderful & Beautiful (PV)
Saturday, November 17, 2007

I must say, after Hotaru/Run, I wasn't expecting much from Remioromen's new single Wonderful & Beautiful. Hotaru was pretty horrible to me, and Run was mediocre at best. But then again, that's just me and my humble (ok, not so humble) opinion on them. You could disagree, but I'd most definitely ignore you.

But Remioromen has done it again. No, not come up with a horrible single but quite the contrary actually. Wonderful & Beautiful lives up to its name. Well, its PV has at least. It was quite surprising too, considering how terrible their PVs tend to turn out (ISLAND was a classic).




Basically, the whole PV is about Ryota driving around in his car. It starts off with him being stuck in a traffic jam and with him looking bored, which is a look that suits him I'm telling you. He's always had the slightly moody expression on him, so somehow bored plus moody makes for a broody person, which is always good. If you look like a Ryota that is. It also helps that the car looks pretty amazing (I'm all for vintage, YEAH!). It's the kind of car I would dream of driving, if I actually bothered to learn how to that is. I don't think I'll ever be able to drive, I'll be lethal or something.

So he drives around in his awesome little car to amazing looking places that look like they only appear in movies or something. Like honestly, how many times do you drive by beautiful forests and lush fields of flowers and expressways that look like they came out of, I don't know, Final Fantasy? But considering a PV is a mini-movie in itself, I suppose it's reasonable. *shrugs*

In any case, the PV is a work of art in itself in terms of scenery. The various shots are really beautiful and somehow suit the sort of depressing and wintery mood of the song. Which I tend to love, a lot.




And then the ridiculous part of the PV comes (they never seem to be perfect do they). First it was the naked lady in the backseat. Which is totally irrelevant to me (I don't suppose the lyrics mentioned a beautiful naked girl?). I mean honestly, I don't think Ryota or any normal male would just stare dumbfounded into the rearview mirror when they see a naked woman in the backseat. Usually they would either jump back and start doing whatever guys do to naked ladies, or scream. Like AH THERE'S A GHOST kind of scream.

Then, the car cut into half seems like a flopped attempt at art. It came out looking like... they collected scrap metal from a dump and made it look nice with a new coat of paint and then placed it there. I mean, what was it even there for? To make a statement? Like "Ooh, we're so rich we can cut up cars for nothing and sing a song behind the two halves! Aren't we cool?"

*shakes head*

Disregarding what I've just mentioned, I really like this PV. I won't buy this single though, because the cover is incredibly horrible - I really don't need a collection of traffic signs. Perhaps when they give away this PV in one of their album's DVDs would I consider getting it. It really is a rather good PV. As much as I sound like I hate it.

Overall, the PV is really good, minus the senselessness. And the naked lady, and the half-car thing. Perhaps if there had been more action between Ryota and the lady.... xD

Labels:

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?