Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


NEWS - weeeek // Tackey & Tsubasa - Ho! Summer // Soulja - First Contact
Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Yes I'm lumping all these together because there's nothing much to write about each of them, so I figured if I combined all of them together, it should be just right for one nice entry.

[NEWS - weeeek]

I'm not going to write about the PV because my dear fellow fanbitch Kimitsu has already done it over at Minna Star!. Click here to go to that post, it has screencaps too. =D And Kimitsu did a great job reviewing the song and the PV (I just admitted she did something good. My, I must be in a great mood).

As for me, my job is primarily reviewing the actual single (because Kimitsu is too poor to buy the single HOHOHO), so here I am.



The single package was disappointing at first (because I really do not like the thin single cases) but later proved to be quite adorable (God I did not just use that word).

It had a 6-fold 12 page jacket, which is SUPER GOOD. All 12 pages had pictures of NEWS in their RUSS-K getups, which looks really good. The only problem was the cover, which made everyone (except Tegoshi) look slightly transexual-ish. Tegoshi just became very... effeminate (is that the word?).

The Limited edition is worth buying, and come to think of it, so is the regular edition. The songs in this single are really pretty catchy.

[Tackey & Tsubasa - Ho! Summer]



I adamantly liked this song, despite my classmates poking fun at it, saying the chorus sounds mightily like "OSAMA! OH OSAMA!", which it does but let's not digress shall we?

The single came with a 8-page booklet, which was rather surprising, as I was expecting a two-fold rubbish which avex is so prone to giving. Out of the 8 pages, 1 was the cover, 1 was another duo shot, and 2 more were solo shots. All of them looked pretty good actually, so I was happy. =D

The first press goodie, which was the coaster keychain, was none too amazing. Like what the hell is a COASTER KEYCHAIN supposed to be? Also, it smelt... terrible. Like motor oil or something. Eurgh. But it was thoughtful of them (I suppose) to try to give something other than a song or a few extra pages of photos. *shrugs*

[Soulja - First Contact]




There is really absolutely nothing to talk about the package. Let's see, the cover makes Soulja look pretty good...? He doesn't look all that sexy in real life, not that he looks very sexy here either.

In this single there are 8 songs. So if you're thinking "Wow! 8 songs for a single is really good!", you're very wrong. Three of them are instrumentals, one of them is just some drums... drumming, and the last one is some random tune without vocals that sounds like it comes along default with your mobile phone as a ringtone or something (although this is admittedly a pretty good tune).

So the three songs remaining are Sotsugyo, First Contact and rain. Sotsugyo and rain are both nice songs, as in they suit me well. If you've heard the popular Koko ni Iru Yo by him, Sotsugyo's roughly in the same vein. Slow rapping with slightly slow music, and then he sings something melodic in the chorus.

rain sounds awfully like a Jay Chou song, with macho rapping all over and a piano-infused tune playing, which surprisingly is a good listen (have I mentioned how much I hate Jay Chou?). I can see myself getting tired of this song pretty fast, but it's good for playing in the background while surfing mindlessly on the web or something.

But the real reason I bought this single? It's a freaking Limited edition INDIES single, that's why. I'm so superficial, hurhur.

Labels: , , ,

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?