Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


The Not-so-big FIVE-O
Friday, November 16, 2007

Like I said to some of you, technically this isn't my 50th single, what with me giving away Aozora Pedal and selling my We Can Make It! to Angelia last month.

I was hoping it to be some awesome single to be my 50th single, like say a Hirai Ken single or Koda Kumi single so on and so forth. At least I was hoping for a single that didn't make people giggle when I talked about it. In fact, I thought my 50th single was going to be endscape by UVERworld (which shipped two weeks ago THANK YOU SO MUCH YESASIA FOR FAST SHIPPING. *glares*)

But, against all odds, the rare honor of being my 50th single goes to....



Hey! Say! JUMP - Ultra Music Power

Sigh. Ok, let's all just laugh at Raid for being mightily unlucky and get it over and done with shall we?

So anyways, the package for the DVD version is pretty much a fat yawn, which is subdued to a slight yawn because of the nice cover. At least on this cover, the weren't wearing those RIDICULOUS headbands which they wore for the other two covers. *shakes head* It looks pretty much like a flopped bohemian attempt. Like little boys trying to dress Arabic with toilet paper or something.

Moving on, the DVD. I've written a review on the PV roughly two weeks prior to this post, so you can click HERE to take a look.

And then there is the making-of video. Usually when they say making-of, I'm thinking 10 minutes or at best 20 minutes. In fact when Kobukuro gave a 14 minute recording-of video, I already found that pretty amazing.



But this, wow. This takes the cake. They had a 34-minute long making-of video, which is more than twice of Kobukuro's actually. Who would have thought they would be that generous. Oh wait, I forgot - THEY AREN'T UNDER AVEX TRAX.



So the video has starts off with them telling you their names, ages and what they like to eat. And then they show you the how the various parts (like the dance and such) in the PV are filmed and basically the rest of the video is of the boys fooling around. Watch out for the silliest and most random moments ever, especially coming from Chinen and Hikaru. Those two are on crack or some form of drug I'm telling you.



How worth it was the DVD? Pretty much worth it. They're really quite cute doing the silly things they do. You might notice my bias in screencapping, but I don't really care. I think Hikaru and Daiki are the most fascinating in Hey! Say! JUMP. So sue me.

The first press version with the 12-page booklet is pretty much worth it too, considering the booklet is woah. Plus, you'll get a sticker too, or at least I know I did. The bonus song Too Shy is pretty much ok, even if it is rather forgettable. It pretty much follows the style of I Wo Kure from HS7's single, with much less "AHHH AHHH AHHH"-ing from little Chinen. Not that he doesn't do it though, he only does it in the middle of the song at rather random timings. Which is nice I suppose, if little boys yelling is your kind of thing. *shrugs*

Seeing as how well Hey! Say! JUMP is doing, I'd say it'd be wise for you to buy this single. It might fetch a good price next time when they hit it hideously big (like say NEWS or Arashi), or just for collection and showing off in general. But truly, the single is worth it one way or another. So just buy it already. Hurhur.

(Just so you guys know, this entry was initially typed on 15th November, but ended up being posted on 16th due to my massive blogging this few days. In fact. I already have two posts waiting to be posted. I mean, how prepared can I be? I'm such a hardworking blogger.)

Labels: ,

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?