Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Happy Birthday to me!
Saturday, June 14, 2008

And we all know what I want for my birthday. =D And I actually got it in time this year! Perfect timing!



Hirai Ken - FAKIN' POP Tour Pamphlet

Trust me, it is worth every cent. Except for the 3D part. That was a bloody scam. Sheesh.



The insides - one booklet and 3 "3D" postcards with the 3D glasses. The pages for the booklet were surprisingly thick. As if every single page was a high quality postcard by itself.



Dreamy Kenken on a bed. What more could one ask for? Sigh.


Kenken nearly grabbing his crotch! GASP! And Kenken not knowing how to use a mirror, and staring out a window too.


More Kenken goodness.



And the 3D glasses and the 3D postcards. Which did not work. It looks like I'm having double vision. Angelia tried and got the same thing.

Are we both just 3D-glass-image-challenged?

I started this post BEFORE I went out for my birthday dinner, and now I'm finishing it up at 6 AM in the morning. So since it's my birthday, I think I get to be a bit personal. Suck it up and read.

I went to this place called the French Stall, which happens to serve - (the SUSPENSE!) - French food. Had Foie Gras for starters, which tasted really far FAR too strong for my liking. I had to cover (read: SMOTHER) it with the sour-sauced-thingy spinach to make it edible. Never going to try THAT much Foie Gras alone again.

And then for the main course, I had Veal with crispy rice Pilaf. The veal was awesome, although mother begged to differ. The rice pilaf thing is like grilled rice, seasoned beforehand with loads of yummy cream. It was a piece of heaven, until the pungent aftertaste of Foie Gras came swimming back.

Mom had dory with mashed potatoes, and somehow there was APPLE in her mashed potato, and I was proud that I could figure the taste out. PRAISE ME! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! (I'm going to wave this in your face till this post ends. Run.)

We then had dessert - tiramisu for me and some overflowing mountain of ice cream, chocolate and puff for mom. It was ok, nothing extraordinary.

Then we went for drinks! I'm 18 and legal and I can drink my arse off and be an alcoholic for all I care now! MUAHAHA! We went to a quiet bar, and I was pondering upon what my first ever "legal" drink would be.

Lo and behold, there was a special cocktail in the menu that somehow seemed to be a sign from some cosmic power unbeknownst to me. The drink was called Triple A.

Me, being the Jpop-crazed fan I was, decided on the drink without giving half a thought as to whether it would be tasty or not.

It wasn't. It was sour as hell. Which I blame on the lime, lime liquer and something else sour in the drink. I should have seen it coming. I didn't. There goes my virgin drink.

But hey, how many people can say they drank their favorite band for the first ever legal cocktail? I suppose none, and I suppose no one cares, but I'm geeky that way.

I went on to drink a Lychee Martini, which tasted like a can of Lychees left out in the sun for a bit too long.

Sort of frustrated, I went to the supermarket and got myself a bottle of Absolut Vodka and blindly grabbed a few juices.

Somehow or another, I managed to grab the exact ingredients for a Hawaiian Sea breeze (a variation of a Sea breeze, except you switch the Grapefruit juice with Pineapple juice) without knowing it. I went home, called Angelia and Clare (her sister) over, and mixed the stuff up. It tasted awesome.

So now, if anyone not interested in Jpop asks me, my first ever legal cocktail was a Hawaiian Seabreeze. I'm just geeky that way.

We watched Sex and The City (the movie) and they just went home not too long ago. I'd say this is easily one of the best birthdays for me thus far. I'm legal, and still bitchy as hell. Watch out world!

Labels: ,

6 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?