Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


TLS Survey // Thank You For IWota
Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Here's a survery that stirred up quite a storm in the Jpop blogosphere about a month back. The survey was started by broomhead of True Life Seek. I've been sitting on this for the longest time because I don't really know whether I want to be honest about it or not. But since I'm bored, and feel talkative suddenly, I decided I should do this (and yes, do it HONESTLY).

Goals:

  • Why do you blog?
At first it was simply because I wanted to keep some semblance of a record for myself to look through from time to time about the CDs I have bought with regards to Jpop. This is why I've made a consistent effort to blog about my purchases all the time, even if they ARE the posts I get the least comments on and the least readership from. Over time, I found out that my opinions made people laugh (in some sort of sick twisted way) and hence I decided to write down my thoughts in a blog for others to read. I like making people laugh I guess.
  • What long-term goals do you hope to accomplish, if any at all?
I really don't have a goal per se, but I do hope my blog will over time gain more and more popularity as it has in the past few months. With a "blogspot" blog, this is usually a slow and uphill battle as people can't search your tags and things like that (much unlike Wordpress and Livejournal), so people usually don't find my blog that easily. It also doesn't help that my blog isn't H!P-centric, and isn't really a JE blog.
  • Where does your blog fail to meet your goals?
It isn't H!P-centric and it isn't really a JE blog. Both don't bring in the masses.
  • If you do have goals, what will accomplishing them do for yourself?
Nothing really, except probably boost my ego. With a boosted ego, I tend to blog more.
  • What do you want to gain out of blogging? A creative outlet? Praise from others? Personal satisfaction? Money?
Praise from others, attention and popularity. Hey, at least I'm honest.
  • Do you feel that your blog should meet a requirement for amount of entries? Do you feel any particular entry should be a certain length?
I used to think that way, but now - no and no.
  • For any particular entry, what motivates you to start and finish blog posts?
Whenever I see something so ridiculous or listen to something so bad, I tend to start typing away furiously without giving it much thought. I then make sure it makes sense, and then I post. So not really any motivation to finish, but bad stuff motivates me to blog.
  • Do you actively consider long term goals for each individual post?
No. I'm not that mature.

Subject Material:

  • What do you blog about?
Reviews, PV reviews, random Jpop observations, purchases and a lot of Hirai Ken and AAA.
  • Would you be keep a blog even if it wasn’t about the subjects you tend to cover?
.....? Honestly I don't understand this question. If I don't cover what I tend to cover, then what do I cover? I'm guessing my answer would have been no, if I had understood it correctly.
  • Do you write about the material to promote it to others?
Yes. Hirai Ken. Hirai Ken. Hirai Ken.

Readership:

  • How much do you care about readership?
Way too much.
  • Does it satisfy you to know people are reading, even if they don’t comment?
Not really. I like comments, even if they are those mean as hell and stupid as hell ones.
  • What effect does receiving a comment have on you?
Depends. If they are nice, I feel warm and fuzzy. If they are mean, I'll just go "HA! What a nincompoop!" before leaving them unapproved so I can show off to Angelia.
  • Do you write with a particular audience in mind or an unspecified general audience? Why?
Unspecified general audience. I like making people laugh, and to make the most people laugh, you can't specify a single audience. This is why I tend not to make obscure pop references and talk about things I believe people wouldn't understand. For example, menstruation is something everyone understands. Orgasms too. If you don't understand what the heck the two are, you probably shouldn't be reading my blog anyway.
  • If you write for a particular audience, is it International Wota? If yes, why?
No. My blog is not H!P centric. IWota, as much as they try to change their direction and focus, has a large amount of H!P fans as its core readership. H!P fans don't like my blog. I don't blog about H!P enough for them to care. When I do, I don't seem like a credible source anyways. Why bother?

Community: (The International Wota section)

  • If International Wota didn’t exist, would you blog?
Yes, if I had enough readers. But if it didn't exist, I doubt I'd have enough readers.
  • When IW covers an entry of yours, are you encouraged to blog more or less?
No difference. Sometimes the person who covers my entry makes a short comment, and it kind of makes me think "was my entry THAT boring?". Eventually, I tend to just blog whatever I want, whenever I want, and leave the rest up to whoever and whatever. IWota is good for making your entries known to people, but if they're boring and irrelevant, no matter what IWota does it won't help.
  • When IW does not cover an entry, are you encouraged to blog more or less?
Less.
  • How often do you read other blogs?
Not too often, unless I like the writers' style or the writer constantly blogs about something I'm very interested in (like Kimitsu for Minna Star, or Nefretiri for her TxT fansite).
  • How often do you comment on other blogs?
Not all that often, unless I'm very sure about what I'm talking about. It's one thing to spout rubbish on your own blog. It's a whole other thing to bring your rubbish to another blog to disgrace yourself.
  • If another blog covers a topic that you wanted or wished to cover, do you still blog about that specific topic? Why or why not?
No. I like to be different. If someone already did it, my opinions won't seem fresh and original. That said, I might choose a totally different angle on the matter, blow it out of proportion and probably it will turn into an entry.

Commitment:

  • How serious is your attitude towards blogging? Do you consider it just as something to do for fun?
Not all that serious. Blogging is a hobby, not a job. If it becomes too serious, the fun is taken out. What's the point then?
  • How often do you blog? How often would you like to blog?
Every one and a half weeks as of late. I would like to blog once every 2 days though.
  • What priorities do you or have you put aside in order to blog? Why?
See here's the thing. I don't have priorities. I put off studying and homework till the last minute, shower one and a half hours before a meetup with a friend even if the bus ride takes one hour twenty minutes.... things like that. I blog when I want to and when I feel like it. It's irresponsible, but it's my style.
  • Do you see yourself blogging in 6 months? Why or why not?
Yes. I started this blog thinking, "I'm not going to survive 3 months with this blogging business." I'm reaching my 8th month, so that's a good sign.

Personal:

  • Would you say you blog for yourself?
Not all that much no.
  • What is your feeling after posting an entry? Is it relative to the time and effort you put in an entry?
I feel sort of satisfied, especially the posts with a ton of pictures. And no, not really all that relative to time and effort.
  • What needs does blogging fulfill?
For me? The need for me to know that I am funny to someone, that my opinions matter and that I shed completely different light on things.
  • Do you consider yourself a writer?
No.
  • Do you consider yourself good at writing? Good at blogging?
No and no. I consider myself funny, so that might be a contributory factor to one of the two.
  • How much of your personal life do you share on your blog? If none, why do you leave this out?
A little here and there, if it is relevant. If I disappear for a while, I want to explain my lack of blogging. If I go somewhere to eat then unexpectedly hear a Jpop song in a restaurant, then I'll blog about it. things like that I blog about, otherwise, who really cares?

Labels:

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?