Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


BEST (and worst) of 2008, FIRST HALF! (Part 1: JE & H!P related)
Sunday, June 22, 2008

Many people have been telling me 2008 is a good year, so how good is it actually? This post is more for me to keep track of the good stuff, but I hope it'll entertain you and get you to go find out more about some of these artists.

Part 1 of the sum-ups feature the JE and H!P related stuff, so here we go.

[Favorite JE group]

Very hard to make a choice, but I suppose it should be them.



Tackey & Tsubasa

They're funny when they go on shows, and their songs constantly make me smile. And every single time I hear they are coming out with another single, I'll go into panic-euphoria-mode. That's pretty much indicative of a favorite isn't it?

Honorable Mentions: Tegomasu, Kanjani 8, Hey! Say! JUMP





[Least Favorite JE group]



KAT-TUN

It's nothing personal, I just think their music sucks.

Oh, then I guess that makes it personal then. Damn. Well, other than that, I find their "we're so cool" attitude on various music shows slightly off-putting, and their haphazard dancing on a recent Music Station episode gave me the impression that they don't really give a damn. Hey, if they don't give a damn, why should I?


[Favorite JE boy]

Not much reason to back up this favorite, except maybe because he's getting cuter? I'm purely superficial when it comes to them JE. He's sort of funny and doesn't sulk much on shows (much unlike a certain Nishikido Ryo) and he's kind of bitchy too, so I suppose that's why.



Murakami Shingo

Honorable mentions: Takizawa Hideaki, Nishikido Ryo, Miyake Ken




[Least favorite JE boy]



Akanishi Jin

His dress sense remains as horrible as ever, and I can never figure out why girls (and some guys) like him all that much. He's not excessively chatty on shows, and he constantly has a sickening pout on his face. SMILE MORE DAMNIT.


[Favorite JE single]

I can't really decide between these three:



Arashi - One Love, Tackey & Tsubasa - Koiuta, Tegomasu - Ai ai gasa

I guess if it really came down to it, I'll choose Ai Ai gasa as the best single this year, with TxT in second place. I've not heard the Arashi B-sides yet, so I can't really decide where it would go as a SINGLE. But titular song wise, I'm guessing it would be Ai ai gasa - One Love - Koiuta.

As a song, Ai Ai gasa is really easy on the ears, and the harmonious voice of Tegomasu makes it all the more delightful. One Love has a really catchy tune, which might be slightly let down by some of the members' weaker voices. As for Koiuta, it's a nice tune but sort of pales in comparison to the other two.


[Favorite JE PV]




NEWS - SUMMER TIME

For very obvious reasons. Click [HERE] for my review on that PV.


[Favorite H!P group]

I'm basing this purely on how much I like their music, and came up with this group.



Milky Way

With a song like that, they just can't lose. I anticipate at least one more single from them in the near future, and hopefully it'll be as good as their first.

Honorable mentions: Athena & Robikerrotsu, Morning Musume




[Least Favorite H!P group]

I don't know all of them enough to have an opinion whatsoever.


[Favorite H!P girl]

No fight.



Mitsui Aika

She's cute, smart and talks to a puppet. Perfect! Now I'll just put a sock puppet on my.... Ahem nevermind.

Honorable mentions: Niigaki Risa, Kamei Eri




[Least favorite H!P girl]



Junjun

After she pulled that crying stunt on Haromoni, she just dropped all the way from HIGH UP to my least favorite member in H!P (oh ok, Morning Musume, what with me not caring about anyone else). It's not as if you're 12 or something, you're freaking 20 for god's sakes! GROW UP. It's only a lousy memory game! NONE OF YOUR FANS CARE that you cannot memorize 129843791382 types of vegetables in 20 minutes! Your management don't give half a rat's ass about it either! Why the big deal? Sheeeesh.


[Favorite H!P Single]


Milky Way - Anataboshi, Athena & Robikerottsu - Seishun! LOVE LUNCH

Anataboshi may sound ridiculous at first, but it soon get infectious to the point of being really addictive. Seishun! LOVE LUNCH is just cute and chirpy.

[Favorite H!P PV]

No fight.



Milky Way - Anataboshi

Sparkly, full of energy, and a crazy dance. Cute sexy but not skanky costumes too! The dance is tight, and looks effortless although all of us know better. Love it!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?