Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Product Placement Overkill
Sunday, November 18, 2007

You know, I really intended for this post to be about 3 PVs at one go, but I shall keep the other two for the next post. This post will be SPECIALLY for this delightful (cue eye roll) music video.

I've never really given any thought about trying out Crystal Kay's music for purely superficial reasons. I always felt her music would somehow end up sounding really un-Japanese, and it seems my fears turned out to be true.

But this is not the rant here. While she doesn't sound Japanese at all, she certainly is a good singer. In fact, her latest song Shining more than shows me what an awesome singer she really is. Except maybe for the fact that she sounds un-Japanese. Ok why am I going in circles.



As I was saying, this lovely song comes with a delightful PV (eye roll again) that shows you just what a sad sad thing some PVs have become. I just realized how contradictory that last statement was, hmm. Anyways, here are some screencaps, try to spot the similarities.



See it yet? If not, here's some more.



If you haven't seen it yet, something is marvelously wrong with your eyes. After watching this PV, I must say my eyes are starting to go haywire too. ARE MY EYES REEEALLY SEEING THINGS?

IS THAT PARCO SIGN REALLY APPEARING EVERY 5 SECONDS?!



Parco sign behind people playing in fake snow, Parco sign playing peek-a-boo with camera, and Parco sign underneath Crystal Kay being very cheeky. And I think it's blushing too.



Still blushing.



And still blushing.



And it died due to too much blushing.

Perhaps I wouldn't complain as much (or even notice really) had it been placed inconspicuously. Like maybe as a hair clip in her hair, or as earrings, or make her walk in the snow till P-A-R-C-O appear. Shoving it in my face as it is was just unclassy.

I understand this song is used for Parco's TV commercial, but if I remember correctly, NEWS's weeeek was also used for a TV CM, and yet I don't see RUSS-K plastered everywhere in the PV. Granted, they had posters of NEWS in their RUSS-K get ups plastered behind them the whole time, but at least it wasn't the word RUSS-K there all the time right? I sure wouldn't have complained if Parco just bombarded the PV with pictures of their shopping malls (without the names) all over the PV. Or maybe, have Crystal Kay do some shopping in a Parco shopping mall. Wouldn't that work too? Show the PARCO sign perhaps once or twice, and then shoot the rest in the mall itself. Now tell me Crystal Kay fans wouldn't want to go imitate their dear idol shopping in a mall glamorously.

But of all things they asked her to do, they asked her to dance on a roof?! How many fans are going to (or can) do that?

I really like Crystal Kay and her voice, but honestly, this PV was a big flop in my books. Somehow, blushing Parco signs don't do it for me. Not now, not ever. NEXT SHOPPING MALL PLEASE.

On a side and rather totally off-topic note, I got mentioned on International Wota! WOOT!



Now while I have no idea whatsoever what they mean by consumerist blog (I'm guessing I get called that because I buy stuff and I'm so random they can't call me a JE fanblog or something), but let's hope things go well for me and this blog eh?

And while I'm on the topic, I AM ENTERTAINING YOU HEAR ME! YAY!

I am so childish sometimes.

Labels:

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?