Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


UVERworld - endscape
Tuesday, November 20, 2007



As mentioned in my previous entry, this single came late, thanks to YesAsia's infamous turtle shipping. But this was a limited edition single, which I hesitated to get previously (due to my lack of finances at the time), which resulted in my favorite HMV to not have it in stock anymore. I had no choice, YesAsia it was.

Not forgetting of course, only YesAsia sold Cool-up at such a marvelous price, so I might as well have gotten it together.

The package in itself was pretty much nothing to talk about, mostly because there were only two pictures of UVERworld in the single, and I'm not really a Towards the Terra fan.

endscape is an awesome rockish song, otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to buy the single would I? UNKNOWN ORCHESTRA is pretty ok I suppose, it's good for rocking your head senselessly when you're bored or something. The last song Monochrome ~Kizukenakatta Devotion~ was surprisingly well done. It's basically a mid-tempo rock song, which shows off Takuya's vocals pretty nicely.



The DVD however, was a slight letdown. The first video was a "trailer" for UVERworld 2007, which shows minimal making-of footage. In it was a short clip for the shooting of the cover for endscape, a short clip showing some concert performance of CHANCE!, making-of footage of BUGRIGHT and some recording-of footage of something. I really don't know, which really isn't my fault either. The video was like only 3 minutes long, or shorter than that.



Then came the CM for endscape, which was rather weird, and short again. The CM has some galactic background with members of UVERworld blended into it, then some pompous announcer saying "UVERworld! ENDSCAPE!" just like Japanese CMs almost always are. Amusing really, I think.



And then came the PV, YAY........ not. It was an clip of Towards the Terra with endscape playing in the background. Like I said, I haven't heard of this anime, am not a fan of this anime, hence I do not like this silly clip. It wasn't even the full song, which I suppose is a good thing for me. I think I would have had gotten a headache with the amount of eye-rolling I would be doing.

Overall, I think the normal edition would be just as good as the limited edition, considering the DVD is really nothing to be excited about. Unless you are a DVD whore like me, in which case I would say too bad for you. You'll have to go live with YesAsia's slow shipping, because that's really the only online merchant that has it.

Labels: ,

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?