Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


Kanjani 8 - It's My Soul // Who will take over KimuTaku?
Wednesday, November 21, 2007



I received this yesterday, and it really is a cute looking single! Nothing much to brag about, so I'll just post some photos of the single.



That's the cover, with all of Kanjani 8 trying to gain the girl-on-the-obi's attention...



... But they failed.



And this was the mysterious sticker as mentioned in the official site. It really is one of the cutest sticker sets I've received thus far, so I'm happy with it I guess. =D

It's my Soul is a funky song, although not really as much fun as Zukkoke Otokomichi. Still a very spastic song nonetheless. I love spastic songs for some odd reason. xD あの言葉に is kinda nice, although it really reminds me of a SMAP song I used to like called Yozora no Mukou. Not really what I was expecting from a crazy group like Kanjani 8, but it works for them surprisingly.

Overall though, I really think this single is only worth buying if you're a Kanjani 8 fan. The bonus extras don't really matter to anyone else except the fans, and there's not really a DVD for you to watch and laugh over either. If you just like this song as it is, then it would be way better if you waited for the album and got that instead.

Since this entry is turning out to be so delightfully short, I shall talk about a fascinating article I've found in a Singaporean magazine last week.



The article was discussing the possible people to take over Kimura Takuya in the Jdrama world and somehow, they chose Tamaki Hiroshi, Yamashita Tomohisa and Odagiri Joe.

I don't know much about Odagiri Joe, so I shan't talk about him. Yamapi's acting is only good bacuase he gets cast very similar characters all the time. Broody and young, or hyper and young - both of which he does magnificently well. Seeing as such, it really makes me wonder how good is he really in acting? Can he be anything other than hyper and broody and young?

Hiroshi Tamaki acted really well in Nodame Cantabile, but I'm guessing it'll be a while before the fans shake off the fierce yet kind Chiaki image from him. Really, what have we heard about him lately? Loads of TV CMs (not much acting there), a couple of movies (acceptable I suppose, but movies can't be counted as Jdrama), his love affair with Hitomi Shimatani (which Kimitsu and I predicted way beforehand, because we're psychic) and a new single in 2008. Not much running away from his role. In fact, with Nodame Cantabile SP coming up at the start of the year, I'm guessing fans will have an even harder time not associating him with Chiaki.

I guess we'll just have to wait till the new NHK drama airs about some olden Japanese tale and Hiroshi Tamaki appears in it as some partially bald samurai. Perhaps the fans will forget Chiaki-sama and love the new bald-hair-here-and-there-sama. Sounds like a good plan doesn't it? xD

Labels: , , ,

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?