Raid My Minibar: Don't get laid. Get Raid.


OMGOODNESS HAPPY // Koda Kumi - Kingdom
Friday, November 23, 2007



Koda Kumi is coming out with a new album titled Kingdom come January and CAN YOU JUST SMELL MY HAPPINESS IN THE AIR?! (It's the one that smells like marshmallows and chocolate with a tinge of citrus) WOOOOT.

Before I go into full-on fan-mode, here' the tracklist:

01. Introduction For Kingdom
02. LAST ANGEL feat. 東方神起 (SG曲)
03. 甘い罠 (Amai Wana)
04. 秘密 (Himitsu)
05. 愛のうた (SG曲) (Ai no Uta)
06. anytime (1月23日発売先行SG曲)
07. Under
08. BUT (SG曲)
09. 恋の魔法 (Koi no Mahou)
10. 愛証(SG曲) (Aisho)
11. あなたがしてくれたこと (Anata ga Shite Kureta Koto)
12. Wonderland
13. FREAKY(SG曲)
14. MORE
15. Bonus Track:Black Cherry
(5th AL「Black cherry」収録のINTRODUCTION Full Ver.)

and the best part....

[DVD(CD+DVD)]
なんと上記の全15曲とプラス1曲(Run For Your Life)の
MUSIC VIDEOをフル収録!!

[DVD(CD+2DVD)]
KODA KUMI PREMIUM LIMITED LIVE IN HALL IN YOKOHAMA ARENA
2007年6月20日に行われたプレミアムライブをフル収録!

Truth be told, if this were to be an AAA affair, I would be mightily pissed, much due to the fact that I bought most of their singles. BUT IT'S NOT SO I'M HAPPY! YAY! I'm really feeling for the hardcore Kuu fans out there now. Be happy about... the B-sides you have? *shrugs*

Having seen this piece of news, somehow my Last Angel and Ai no Uta singles seem to be of no use other than posterity now. BUT NONETHELESS HAPPY I AM!

Also, they are including a FULL concert with this. avex is really making me very happy this time round. Being a rather-new Kuu fan, I've not really managed to watch any of her concerts, though I've seen her performing at J-Wave and a-nation earlier this few months. Somehow this will really make me a BETTER FAN FOR KUU! YEAH! *marches*

Now let me be happy about the cover. IT IS SUCH AN AWESOME COVER. Kuu has recently come up with some pretty damn good looking covers (both Ai no Uta and Last Angel looked pretty fantastic in my opinion), and I am just glad that she continued this streak and came up with such a classy cover.

Best: First Things had a blatantly slutty cover, with peacock feathers helping you complete the whole naked image of Kuu. Best: Second Session went for a slightly cutesy look, but the slutty factor was definitely still lingering. Then came Black Cherry, with the "WTH IS SHE WEARING?!" covers. But this cover, is WOAH. The colors are really well chosen (somehow you can't go too far wrong with gold) and the setting is really simple and elegant too, even if it does looks slightly like she shot it while staying in a high-class hotel room.

Somehow, the image of Koda Kumi wearing a crown and sitting on a throne-like chair seems to be suggesting something. Is avex finally starting to shift the queen-spot to Kuu? You might argue that BoA's Sweet Impact had her wearing a crown too, but she certainly wasn't sitting on a throne-like chair was she? Throne-like chairs are necessary for the whole package. At least in my book they are. You can just see Ayumi pouting her lips and opening her huge eyes huger in anger, while plucking out her fake nails and throwing them at her assistant, screaming "HOW DARE THEY!" or something of the sort.

All this said, I really think Kuu is worthy of the throne in avex, but I'm sure as hell that she's not getting it while Ayumi's around.

Perhaps she wanted to make herself feel better about this situation, hence the throne?

Labels:

0 comments! Post a comment! I do this for free you know?